Topic: Wishlist Organteq 3 - Christmas is coming soon - 3D Sound

Dear Santa Claus.

I wish for an option to solo the reverb and route it to 4 speakers and Sub (4.1 Quadrophonic).
In my current setup I use the 8 Channel template to split 4 stereo tracks in Ableton (3+)
I am using Envelop 4 Live to feed an 4.1 quad speaker layout and position the individual divisions in the 3d room. This works fantastic ! The problem is that the reverb is shifted along with the divisions in the room (because this is fixed in organteq) rather to be placed as a send effect for all divisions to simulate one big room, cathedral…
I understand that probably a majority use Organteq in a stereo layout.

Re: Wishlist Organteq 3 - Christmas is coming soon - 3D Sound

Since you're in Ableton, could you use an external multichannel reverb VST and disable the reverb engine entirely in OTQ?  You should be able to do the latter, I believe...I agree that better reverb routing would be welcome in OTQ, but the other might be a good stopgap for you.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Studio & Organteq
Casio GP300 & Custom organ console

Re: Wishlist Organteq 3 - Christmas is coming soon - 3D Sound

That’s what I tried. I have tested various options however, the results could be better. The main problem is that OTech, and as well Ableton do not support other than stereo output. I have not found a solution yet.

It’s possible to send the manuals independently to the rear and front speakers and I can also adjust the reverb to get very close to a perfect result.

I have a professional organist stopping by today and I am excited to hear what he says.

It would be super cool if there would be any possibility to adjust the blend/mix between fron and rear speakers when for e.g. I play from the console and hear my recit in the back. As well the early and late reflections need to be adjusted independently for front/rear

Most of the reverbs in stereo have a centered listening position in mind….many instruments are mono and just the band makes it stereo :-)……..but the organ sits in the church….a 3d space……..for a centered listening position those revers work, but I play the organ and sit in the back of the church 3d room …pipes in the front, pipes in the back…..organ builders sometimes even have the organ on the side walls….spanish…..the listening position within the 3d place should be adjustable…

Last edited by TimB3 (Yesterday 12:10)