Topic: Controlling volume with MIDI velocity

I know that with an actual pipe organ, you cannot control the volume of a note by using different velocities on the keys. But I think they should add that as an optional feature.
It would make playing much more expressive.
They've already indicated that they're fine with "stretching" the abilities of instruments past their physical possibilities, for instance with extended keyboard ranges, and I think that controlling note volume or other parameters with velocity would make it much more interesting to play.

Re: Controlling volume with MIDI velocity

Agreed.  The harpsichords in Pianoteq can respond to note velocity, and I've had a lot of fun with that option!

Re: Controlling volume with MIDI velocity

ConnorG wrote:

I know that with an actual pipe organ, you cannot control the volume of a note by using different velocities on the keys. But I think they should add that as an optional feature.
It would make playing much more expressive.
They've already indicated that they're fine with "stretching" the abilities of instruments past their physical possibilities, for instance with extended keyboard ranges, and I think that controlling note volume or other parameters with velocity would make it much more interesting to play.

Optional features are always welcome. But quite a lot in terms of volume can already be done with the expression pedal and crescendo pedal.

”Assign all stops of a keyboard to the expression pedal by right-clicking on it or stops can be individually add to or remove from the expression pedal from the ”Stop edit window”.
The crescendo pedal gradually activates stops in addition to the manual registration. The crescendo pedal is divided in 12 steps. For each step, a stop can be on or off. Set the stop individually from the ”Stop edit window”.”

Best wishes

Stig