Topic: ”One day at a time ” Can someone explain how this is possible....?

Hi everyone,

Can someone explain to me how it is even possible that this piece has got over 3247 views in a week ???? Never happened before….can it be so good or… what…

https://forum.modartt.com/viewtopic.php?id=11002

All the best, everyone

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (08-11-2023 11:35)

Re: ”One day at a time ” Can someone explain how this is possible....?

something similar happened to me once.  i had posted a very obscure free jazz tune that got way more views than i ever expected.  my guess in that case is that the tune had the same name as a very popular pop tune, and either YT was recommending it to people looking for the latter, or they would find it and play it a few seconds before realizing what was going on

it turns out that "One Day At A Time" is a very popular old country tune in the US so maybe that's what's happening?  covers of that tune are sometimes getting millions of views.  whatever the case, i really enjoyed your improvisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh44kPdCz4c

I agree with Budo, I think it's because of the title. I'm more familiar with Lena Martell's version, which I recall did very well in the UK pop charts many years ago.
Just now added an extra view to your count, Stig - I enjoyed it very much, too! Love the unexpected changes of direction. And talking of piano covers, I'm working on a cover of a pop Christmas song which I hope will be ready to release soon. More details to follow...

Last edited by dazric (08-11-2023 20:18)

Thank you budo and dazric. I appreciate your support and interest immensely. A good explanation.
Still a bit strange that the piece has only 67 views on Youtube….

Best wishes,

Stig

i see, i misunderstood.  i thought you were talking about views on YT.  i agree, that is very odd.  i don't think our forum gets the same kind of traffic as YT perhaps the admins can explain what happened.

I enjoyed the piece, Stig! I wonder if you were featured in the links at the top of this forum? Where it shows thumbnails of videos, and if you click on one it takes you to the post where that video was shared.

budo wrote:

i see, i misunderstood.  i thought you were talking about views on YT.  i agree, that is very odd.  i don't think our forum gets the same kind of traffic as YT perhaps the admins can explain what happened.

Thanks budo. Yes, 67 views on Youtube and 3291views  here in forum.....Maybe I ask Niclas, he can check things out.

Best wishes,

Stig

miiindbullets wrote:

I enjoyed the piece, Stig! I wonder if you were featured in the links at the top of this forum? Where it shows thumbnails of videos, and if you click on one it takes you to the post where that video was shared.

Thank you miiindbullets, that's an explanation too. I ask Niclas.

Best wishes,

Stig

Whoa, I see what you mean. Over 3000 views on the Pianoteq recordings forum seems crazy!

Last edited by dazric (09-11-2023 13:09)

It just gets crazier - I looked back five years and I saw that many other members have many views, 2 000, 3 000, 31 000views (Contrabourdon James Flores).

I myself found many more of my recordings with over 1000 views  and one with 27 875 views!!! (127 views on YT)
Probably all ended up on someone's playlist here and there….

27 875 views: Ptq U4 Honky Tonk playful test

https://forum.modartt.com/viewtopic.php?id=6326

Well, as Paul McCartney said: Let it be   

All the best, everyone,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (10-11-2023 13:06)

Just added yet another view to your U4 Honky Tonk test. I had watched and commented on it before, but I enjoyed hearing it again!

It's also a name of a old sitcom, maybe that triggered something. dunno

kencarlino wrote:

It's also a name of a old sitcom, maybe that triggered something. dunno

Thanks ken.  "dunno", yes, where are we exactly? There are apparently too many possibilities...   

Best wishes,

Stig