Topic: Ptq U4 Honky Tonk upright - a funny, humrous, playful test

I seldom hear music with U4, so because I like U4, I decided to make something fun for you, playing in different ways. There are some text about 10 times in the video, to help following my humorous thoughts with the music….When in forum talking about realistic pianos, don’t forget U4. It also have it’s owm unique character/personality, useful for special kind of music.  Hope you like my simple humorous experiment  :-)
https://youtu.be/Hz3X6JAN1qI

Re: Ptq U4 Honky Tonk upright - a funny, humrous, playful test

Hahaha, much enjoyed, thank you! Those little comments remind me of the sort of remarks that Satie would sometimes write above his music. Yes, the U4 is great fun and very versatile. I'm a recent convert, still exploring it.

Did I just watched Charlie Chaplin?

Awsome peace of music.
Thanks for posting.

dazric wrote:

Hahaha, much enjoyed, thank you! Those little comments remind me of the sort of remarks that Satie would sometimes write above his music. Yes, the U4 is great fun and very versatile. I'm a recent convert, still exploring it.

Thank you so much! Now I want to read more about Satie. I know he used humor very often and wrote prelude for a dog ( listened with big surprise….). Well, and I had a horse in my music :-)

MrRoland wrote:

Did I just watched Charlie Chaplin?

Awsome peace of music.
Thanks for posting.

Thank you so much! What nice things to say. I really appreciate it.

One of my favourite Satie pieces is Sonatine Bureaucratique. It's a parody of a famous classical sonatina (I won't spoil it by saying which one). A public domain PDF (complete with English and French 'commentary') can be downloaded here: https://imslp.org/wiki/Sonatine_bureauc...e%2C_Erik)

Thanks, dazric! I listened to Sonatine Bureaucratique immedaitely. Yes, it's a parody of Clementi sonatina, absolutely wonderful! I had to play it as young before I stopped playing.

Nice work !
I was just wondering what Chaplin movie I fell into !

Gaston wrote:

Nice work !
I was just wondering what Chaplin movie I fell into !

Gérard, I apologize again and again, I hate myself when I miss to answer.
This is probably the only comment which I forgot to answer (I hope).
So, thank you for the wonderful mentioning of Chaplin movie. I feel honored

(I was looking for another piece of music and suddenly came across this place)

Stig