Topic: daw doesn't receive a signal from pianoteq 8

Hello,
I have a problem with Pianoteq 8 and hope you can help me. I had already used pianoteq for recordings. A Yamahe digital piano as input device and Magix as daw. Now Magix no longer receives a signal and Pianoteq shows an exclamation mark with the following text: "Stop all sound, release all keys and pedals, and reset the audio and MIDI drivers." However, all of the drivers in question are up to date. Uninstalling Pianoteq with all components and reinstalling didn't help either. Can you help me? (I also can't find a restore point which is early enough in Windows 11.)

Re: daw doesn't receive a signal from pianoteq 8

Hi, Re. the error 'stop all sound etc.'.. I'd try the "MIDI panic" first, before worrying about reinstalling anything,. Pianoteq provides a little icon with an exclamation mark (!).. pressing it will do all that 'resetting all MIDI etc.'.

But if that doesn't truly solve things (other than maybe clearing the error but leaving you with no audio for the instrument etc.)//..

Does the DAW have a option/setting like: "Rescan plugins"?

That might solve (different DAWs can have different types of re-scan, not sure about yours.. but some allow 'drop cache and full rescan'.. or just 'quick rescan' - but begin with quick or normal.. but if it has it, after, try 'full' type of rescan.. some have 'dangerous' sounding language, like "Delete all plugin data and rescan" kinds of prompts - best to check your Mabix manual if unsure what they offer for rescanning plugins - it solves a lot of these kinds of things.).

If you saved a DAW project with an older version of Pianoteq (and a rescan didn't seem to fix it).. in some DAWs you might be able to drag-drop or load the newer version of an instrument onto the old track (which just updates the old cached-and-perhaps-unavailable old instrument, keeping MIDI and other things - it's been a long time since I used Magix products, so not sure what's current in it.).

But if none of that solves, I'd suggest contacting either Magix support, or Pianoteq support - they're super helpful.

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors