Topic: Feature request - mic pannel

It's been a while already in which I've been experimenting with the million possibilities Pianoteq offers.

The big challenge for me is to get it sound to my liking through external monitors (iLoud MTM), besides fine tuning the multiple sound paramenters, turns out that mic placement plays a massive role in how you perceive the sound through your monitors.

I find it quite difficult to get them in the right spots with the right phasing/compensation, volume and R/L balance, I can spend hours and hours experimenting until either my wrist or my ears soar lol but what's sometimes frustating is that I have 2 mics (player layout) and an additional mic behind them just at the same level and I cannot really grab that mic to move it up and down (farther or closer to the soundboard) so I can see if I can get some sweetspot.

Maybe it's my fault because I should know where to put the mics so I get the desired sound but for now all I can do is play with the different mic types and place them across the whole soundboard at different heights so I can hear the sound changing on the go (experimenting).

I'd love to see Modartt revising the mic pannel and making it a 3D piano with the ability of moving mics around it in a one single window, one could rotate the piano to access other parts if needed, I think it would be more practical than 2 separated pannels with twice as many movements as in the suggested layout (the rotating 3D piano).

Also, a minor request would be to put a reset button for the whole mic section so that one could eventually get to the original configuration instead of resetting 4 different mics besides compensation buttons and sliders..

Last edited by davidizquierdo82 (10-04-2024 20:15)
P85>Kawai CA97>Numa XGT>FP90X>LX706
Pianoteq 8 Pro (all instruments) + Organteq 2
i7 4790K W10 64bits + Behringer UMC1820
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz

Re: Feature request - mic pannel

In the future I can imagine the rendered piano room/hall/Cathedral/open air GUI actually being one with the microphone positioning page - with just a click to start interacting with the model, seeing the different microphones in position rather than a merely cosmetic version with no visible mics.
It's pretty darn cool what we've got already though.
Zooming into a visual representation of the pianos might be beyond too many CPU/GPU solutions currently though.

We can save microphone positioning already but a fast reset might indeed be welcome.

And when the visual modelization will be as good as the modartt sound modelization we will see the 3D piano actions in movement... All pieces moving and visual string vibrations when we are playing... just a dream ... Or not...

I'd rather keep it "simple", no fancy deigns or graphics needed as long as they're funcional, something like this would be enough IMO:

https://i.ibb.co/YPpsS0m/Captura-de-pantalla-2024-04-11-110054.png

Imagine you can rotate the piano in XYZ axis and move all mics around it in any position? That would make experimenting with mics way easier than it is now.

P85>Kawai CA97>Numa XGT>FP90X>LX706
Pianoteq 8 Pro (all instruments) + Organteq 2
i7 4790K W10 64bits + Behringer UMC1820
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz