Topic: MTS-ESP in Pianoteq 8 Pro

Hi

I often use MTS-ESP as my tuning source. At the moment when I have a source in my DAW, Pianoteq automatically uses that tuning but the option defaults to "New notes only". If I change to "Continuous Re-tuning" and then change the Piaonteq preset it goes back to the default "New notes only". Is there a way to change my defaults and/or lock this option (to Continuous Re-tuning)?

Thanks
BB

Re: MTS-ESP in Pianoteq 8 Pro

Yes. Click on the 'freeze parameters' icon, then open 'tuning settings' and tick on 'external tuning mode'. This way I've successfully tested and it works (in Ableton Live 10). Please, tell if it works for you as well (also feel free to provide more details on DAW if the problem persists).

I would like to profit from this topic and point out that, in my case, something a bit disturbing happens when using certain MTS-ESP presets, i.e. that certain notes on the high register get 'stuck', or rather, sustained/with dampers off. Conversely, if I resort to the 'Import current MTS-ESP tuning' function, this behavior disappears, and all is fine (but then Pianoteq is not synced with MTS-ESP anymore). Has anyone else encountered this issue?