Topic: Original piano piece - Constellations

A pointillistic melody and wide-range arpeggios are inspired by the constellations spanning the Milky Way.

This piece has flaws in its structural balance and is not cool, but personally, I like it.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/constellations

Pianoteq 6
Steingraeber E-272

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

Re: Original piano piece - Constellations

halpyoco wrote:

A pointillistic melody and wide-range arpeggios are inspired by the constellations spanning the Milky Way.

This piece has flaws in its structural balance and is not cool, but personally, I like it.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/constellations

Pianoteq 6
Steingraeber E-272

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

Yes HAL, I can imagine standing and looking up at the sky at night when I listen to this music.

A broad band of light that can be seen in the night sky and that is caused by the light of a very large number of faint stars. 
The galaxy in which we live that contains the stars that make up the Milky Way. A group of stars forming a recognizable pattern that is traditionally named after its apparent form or identified with a mythological figure.
This music Could possible be  a background music to a film about all this…

Good idea with the music, thank you HAL. The tone in the sound is a bit cold, a bit too much of ice cold treble, BUT, if we think about stars and ice cold outer space - so the music tone is really good anyway.
Thanks HAL for sharing

Best wishes,

Stig

Thank you always, Stig!

When it comes to the cold night sky, I'd love to see the aurora at least once. Have you ever seen it? It's impossible to see it in my country, but there must be a chance in your country, right?

Best regards,
HAL

halpyoco wrote:

Thank you always, Stig!

When it comes to the cold night sky, I'd love to see the aurora at least once. Have you ever seen it? It's impossible to see it in my country, but there must be a chance in your country, right?

Best regards,
HAL

Yes HAL, i have seen it aurora. I remember already in the 50s when my father explained what it is, it can be seen here, City Vasa (Vaasa) Finland,  in winter sometimes but mostly in north of Finland, Lapland.  Many tourists travel there to see. They can lie in a glass igloo with a window in roof and enjoy them.
The four-person igloos include their own toilet and shower. The Glass Igloos are available to book all through the Northern Lights season, beginning from around 24th August until the end of April.

The northern lights, or aurora borealis, are a spectacular, colourful display of light commonly seen in the night sky in the northern hemisphere.
Have to say - It is fantastic, the auroras appear to move or "“dance”" in the sky, like green curtains that flutter that you see underneath.
If you write   glass igloo   in Google you can find pictures….
Thanks HAL for asking 

Best wishes,

Stig

btw, here an example of how it could sound above the "green curtains" far into outer space. Some called this a masterpiece, well for me it was just an experiment with Organteq at the time.

https://youtu.be/g3c2tMXYgJo

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (31-03-2024 15:11)

Ah...omg! Glass igloos. I searched for them on Google.
A night under the magnificent canopy must be something special. I envy you.

Out in space. That it ! The pulsing sounds evoke the physical phenomena that dominate the universe, far removed from the human world. Did you also create the visuals? I felt a taste of classic sci-fi movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Solaris.
It also reminded me of the world of Ray Bradbury's sci-fi novels.

Best regards,
HAL

lovely job!