Topic: Scottish folk song cover - "Auld Lang Syne"

This song is very familiar in Japan under the title "Light of fireflies." It's sung so widely that I had always assumed it was a Japanese song.

The history of this song in Japan dates back to the Meiji era in 1881. For some reason, in Japan, it has been adopted as a song of farewell, used at graduation ceremonies and to signal the closing of department stores.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/auld-lang-syne

Pianoteq 6
Steingraeber E-272

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

Re: Scottish folk song cover - "Auld Lang Syne"

halpyoco wrote:

This song is very familiar in Japan under the title "Light of fireflies." It's sung so widely that I had always assumed it was a Japanese song.

The history of this song in Japan dates back to the Meiji era in 1881. For some reason, in Japan, it has been adopted as a song of farewell, used at graduation ceremonies and to signal the closing of department stores.

https://soundcloud.com/haruyasu-umetsu/auld-lang-syne

Pianoteq 6
Steingraeber E-272

from Tokyo, Japan
HAL

Very nice ”version” of the piece. Made me listen carefully. Interesting. It sounds in a way very ”modern”.
I think I mean that it sounds like you are searching for a new model in polytonalism or other form of tonality, filling up the tone spectrum combining left hand and right hand. If so, your technique used make it sound ”modern”
Well, well, I like it    Thank you HAL for sharing.

From the land with 168,000 lakes of at least 500 square meters in size, to the other side of the world to the land of the rising sun   

Best wishes,

Stig

P.S. Nice with Steingraeber. I used Steingraeber warm too, before I found Petrof Mistral Warm and Stemiway B. Now I have all (Ptq 8 Studio Bundle)

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (28-03-2024 23:26)

Re: Scottish folk song cover - "Auld Lang Syne"

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Very nice ”version” of the piece. Made me listen carefully. Interesting. It sounds in a way very ”modern”.
I think I mean that it sounds like you are searching for a new model in polytonalism or other form of tonality, filling up the tone spectrum combining left hand and right hand. If so, your technique used make it sound ”modern”
Well, well, I like it    Thank you HAL for sharing.

From the land with 168,000 lakes of at least 500 square meters in size, to the other side of the world to the land of the rising sun   

Best wishes,

Stig

P.S. Nice with Steingraeber. I used Steingraeber warm too, before I found Petrof Mistral Warm and Stemiway B. Now I have all (Ptq 8 Studio Bundle)

Thank you always, Stig!

This arrangement was originally created as part of a project within an online music club, where members arranged and shared their versions of the song. Upon analysis, it's fascinating to note that the melody of this song follows traditional Japanese scales. I wanted to add something new to it.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the sound of Steingraeber, especially feeling that the high tones are too bright. I've struggled with adjusting the resonance and now I'm embracing it, using it to my advantage. Therefore, I might change the instrument and refine the mp3 on another occasion.

Best regards,
HAL