Topic: ”He shall feed his flock" from Handel's ’Messiah(Guitar and Organteq)

”He shall feed his flock" from Handel's ’Messiah(Guitar and Organteq)

Easter week/Holy week, so…
”He shall feed his flock like a shepherd" from Handel's ’Messiah.

I'm trying a new experiment again - using Classical Guitar as accompaniment with Organteq in the melody, using  preset Clockwork Organ as trumpet, slightly enhanced in the background with a trumpet from my DAW. And Organteq bass pedal.

Handel composed Messiah, an English language oratorio that traces the story of Jesus Christ, in 1741
It was originally written for Easter. Handel composed Messiah in just 24 days without getting much sleep and or eating much food. While writing the ‘Hallelujah’ chorus Handel’s servant discovered him with tears in his eyes, and he exclaimed, “I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the great God Himself seated on His throne, with His company of Angels.”

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd:

https://youtu.be/079ek47BsHY

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: ”He shall feed his flock" from Handel's ’Messiah(Guitar and Organteq)

Hi Stig,

Excellent contrast here between the classical guitar and the organ, especially the trumpet sections. As I listened the guitar and organ sound separated on the stage, I had the feeling of perhaps too much, but it might actually be realistic that way as pipe organ I imagine bellows from a more distant background on the stage. That said I enjoyed it and nice write ups you always provide, good to read the backgrounds you provided. Thanks for sharing!

Ken

Re: ”He shall feed his flock" from Handel's ’Messiah(Guitar and Organteq)

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig,

Excellent contrast here between the classical guitar and the organ, especially the trumpet sections. As I listened the guitar and organ sound separated on the stage, I had the feeling of perhaps too much, but it might actually be realistic that way as pipe organ I imagine bellows from a more distant background on the stage. That said I enjoyed it and nice write ups you always provide, good to read the backgrounds you provided. Thanks for sharing!

Ken

Thank you ken for good feedback. Always appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Stig