Topic: Hammer noise/bug isolated?

Using Pianoteq Standard 8.2.0 on Raspberry Pi 5, I have found an interesting sound although I can't be sure of the cause. On a pc, open up Pianoteq, select "Window", then "Play using the computer keyboard". Now click the "+" (pitch bend) on the opened keyboard window, and play a note on the keyboard*. The note itself will not sound but there is a sound that could be the internal hammer noise. Indeed, the noise can be controlled by "hammer noise" in voicing. It is interesting that each selected piano has its own distinct sound which is processed by the effects chain and that I cannot reproduce this behavior in Pianoteq 8.05 release. To reset use the "!" on Pianoteq's keyboard or exit Pianoteq.

*I have not tried this on a actual DP, but I suspect the same behavior as Pianoteq's built-in keyboard.

Re: Hammer noise/bug isolated?

levinite wrote:

Using Pianoteq Standard 8.2.0 on Raspberry Pi 5, I have found an interesting sound although I can't be sure of the cause.

Hmmm.. that's pretty interesting. Does not sound like any noise Pianoteq normally makes - kind of drum-like sound, very low-pitched at Middle C and Djembe-like at higher pitches but with a sharp attack like hammering the pinblock with a clave stick. I found it a little inconsistent to reproduce using the computer keyboard in stand-alone Pianoteq, and it did not reproduce when using the VST3 in Cakewalk and sending a Pitch Wheel message before playing a note; in that case, Pianoteq responded by changing pitch as expected.

Last edited by brundlefly (22-03-2024 23:30)