Topic: Hymn ”Safer can nobody be” with Organteq 2 ”orchestration”, Famous

Dear listener, I'm so happy, I think the Organteq 2 sounds like a full orchestra here. Incredible, a church organ (only with little assistant of a little trumpet) - what a nice result.
Thanks to Roman!

Hymn ”Safer can nobody be” with Organteq 2 ”orchestration”

In Swedish Tryggare kan ingen vara

One of the most famous Swedish hymns, (and for swedish talking people in Finland, about 300000 with mother language Swedish). It is really beautiful in english too.  Often used at baptisms/christening and funerals.

The Swedish name of this is ”Tryggare kan ingen vara”, which means ”Nobody can be safer” (or litterally ”Safer can nobody be”). Several versions in English (from 1925) on Youtube.

Nice harmonies. An Organteq 2 solopart in left hand, 2 times coming. Very beautiful and calming. I enjoy this very much, hope you find it interesting too.
Using trumpet and trombone in some places.  Nice arrangement I found, and tried to make a nice orchestration.
I think I succeeded somewhat, so I hope you find it enjoyable

To get the solo sound I used:
Recit Gambe 8  Flute traversiere 8 Bourdon 8
Grand Orgue  Gambe 8 Flute Harmonique 8             and coupler
Positif  Gambe 8  traversiere 8

https://youtu.be/1VXvwYZH-rA

For interested, why people in Finland are singing same hymn as people in Sweden.

Although over 200 years have passed since Sweden lost Finland, today there are around 300,000 people who speak Swedish as their mother tongue in Finland. They are called Finnish Swedes. Finnish Swedes make up just over five percent of the population, but have the same rights as the Finnish talking! The majority of the population speak Finnish as their mother tongue. But I, as a Swedish talking, have the same rights as Finnish talking !!
In 1809,  Finland passed into Russian hands. This was the result of a war 1808 - 1809 when Russian troops crossed the border.

In 1917 we became independent after the war against Russia.(We fighted as they do now in Ukraine). I really hope Ukraine gets its independence too. I once dedicated a composition of mine to the suffering people in Ukraine, using Erard 1922, I like the sound.
For interested, here it is, Erard 1922:

https://forum.modartt.com/viewtopic.php?id=10612

All the best, everyone,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (20-03-2024 21:27)

Re: Hymn ”Safer can nobody be” with Organteq 2 ”orchestration”, Famous

Hi Stig, very nice exploration of orchestral sounds. I was most fond of the woodwind sound starting around the 1 minute mark.  Well done!  When I demoed Organteq 2 a few months back I really like the flutes and almost pulled the trigger and purchased it, but got distracted so that will have to wait for another day.

Ken

Re: Hymn ”Safer can nobody be” with Organteq 2 ”orchestration”, Famous

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, very nice exploration of orchestral sounds. I was most fond of the woodwind sound starting around the 1 minute mark.  Well done!  When I demoed Organteq 2 a few months back I really like the flutes and almost pulled the trigger and purchased it, but got distracted so that will have to wait for another day.

Ken

Thank you ken for kind feedback. Appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Stig