Topic: My Ship (Pianoteq)

here's a beautiful standard by Kurt Weill/Ira Gershwin "My Ship."  the absolute standard about how to treat this was Gil Evans's arrangement for Miles Davis ... i can't get close to that but i do what i can   i really love this tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xoG1WRe9LU

Last edited by budo (08-03-2024 18:50)

Re: My Ship (Pianoteq)

budo wrote:

here's a beautiful standard by Kurt Weill/Ira Gershwin "My Ship."  the absolute standard about how to treat this was Gil Evans's arrangement for Miles Davis ... i can't get close to that but i do what i can   i really love this tune.

Thank you budo for sharing this wonderful jazz standard piece. And it is something special when you say  ”I really love this tune”. Then I know you do it with a great deal of enthusiasm and energy, you put all your energy and sincere effort into it. You have this incredible ability to calm any mood.

So when listening to this  beautiful soft playing, it is heavenly, smooth, relaxing. It's like being up on the clouds, floating.
Thank you budo. You’re truly a gem.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hi budo, masterful and beautiful playing! No Friday evening is complete without one of your performances, thank you for sharing!

Ken

budo wrote:

Very relaxing and dreamy - love it a lot. Thanks for uploading - sigh!

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
budo wrote:

Thank you budo for sharing this wonderful jazz standard piece. And it is something special when you say  ”I really love this tune”. Then I know you do it with a great deal of enthusiasm and energy, you put all your energy and sincere effort into it. You have this incredible ability to calm any mood.

So when listening to this  beautiful soft playing, it is heavenly, smooth, relaxing. It's like being up on the clouds, floating.
Thank you budo. You’re truly a gem.

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much!  i love the image of being up on the clouds, floating ... that's kind of how i felt while playing it.  but this is such a beautiful song that it makes its own clouds

kencarlino wrote:

Hi budo, masterful and beautiful playing! No Friday evening is complete without one of your performances, thank you for sharing!

Ken

thank you so much, it makes me happy to think of you enjoying them

DEZ wrote:
budo wrote:

Very relaxing and dreamy - love it a lot. Thanks for uploading - sigh!

thank you so much!  i really appreciate it!