Topic: Feature request: a dedicated interface for live performance

The current interface is great and offers a lot of setting, which is nice when tweaking the different sounds we would like to play with. We can save all our favorites but… when playing live, selecting the right ones is painful.

I think there are 2 moments of work: first we work on the sounds themselves to get the ones we need, and this could take some time. Second we just play with the sounds.

I would like to be able to switch the entire interface to a « live performance » interface where our favorites will be displayed on big pads classified per category for example. Like straight shortcuts. So in one tap (on ipad) or one click, we could easily select the next sound we’re going to use. Something like the functions buttons we can find on some stage keyboards.

For example: just a set of 6 categories with 6 shortcuts displayed + the main global setting like volume and dynamic + shortcuts to favorite reverbs. All just on tap/one click away.

What do you think?

Last edited by Wotl (23-02-2024 08:00)

Re: Feature request: a dedicated interface for live performance

Wotl wrote:

The current interface is great and offers a lot of setting, which is nice when tweaking the different sounds we would like to play with. We can save all our favorites but… when playing live, selecting the right ones is painful.

I think there are 2 moments of work: first we work on the sounds themselves to get the ones we need, and this could take some time. Second we just play with the sounds.

I would like to be able to switch the entire interface to a « live performance » interface where our favorites will be displayed on big pads classified per category for example. Like straight shortcuts. So in one tap (on ipad) or one click, we could easily select the next sound we’re going to use. Something like the functions buttons we can find on some stage keyboards.

For example: just a set of 6 categories with 6 shortcuts displayed + the main global setting like volume and dynamic + shortcuts to favorite reverbs. All just on tap/one click away.

What do you think?

Yes I completely agree--this would be a very nice feature.

If you just want to switch among Pianoteq presets in a simple graphical interface on your iPad, you could load the AUM app with your presets, one per channel, as separate instances of Pianoteq. Then you just tap to unmute the channel/preset you wish to play, as you would on a DAW. The AUM interface is very simple, with clear graphics, even on smaller iPhones. I use this strategy for live performances

I do this using my controller's "Program Change" selector.

Which keyboard controller do you use?

Respeito, Esforço e Sabedoria

TimN wrote:

If you just want to switch among Pianoteq presets in a simple graphical interface on your iPad, you could load the AUM app with your presets, one per channel, as separate instances of Pianoteq. Then you just tap to unmute the channel/preset you wish to play, as you would on a DAW. The AUM interface is very simple, with clear graphics, even on smaller iPhones. I use this strategy for live performances

Could you be more explicit on the name of the app? Or a link maybe? Thanks

Wotl wrote:
TimN wrote:

The app is called AUM, by Kymatica, available through the Apple store.  It is a combination virtual instrument host, mixer, effects processor, recorder, and much more.  If you make music with iOS devices, it is a must, IMO....Here is the designer's site for AUM: http://kymatica.com/apps/aum

The designer Jonatan Liljedahl keeps AUM regularly updated

TimN wrote:
Wotl wrote:
TimN wrote:

The app is called AUM, by Kymatica, available through the Apple store.  It is a combination virtual instrument host, mixer, effects processor, recorder, and much more.  If you make music with iOS devices, it is a must, IMO....Here is the designer's site for AUM: http://kymatica.com/apps/aum

The designer Jonatan Liljedahl keeps AUM regularly updated

Thanks