Topic: Yamaha CLP 735 and Pianoteq

Hi all, hope you are fine. Just bought a new keyboard a Yamaha CLP 735. Plugged out into my Mac Book, with midi in-out etc, opened pianoteq but get no signal between those two. It works perfectly on my old piano but does not seem to match this one. Is there any preset or action to be done for a new instrument? What do I miss there? Thanks for your help if any of you has a Yamaha CLP 735 and Pianotech pro 5.
Cheers.

Re: Yamaha CLP 735 and Pianoteq

wickelm wrote:

Hi all, hope you are fine. Just bought a new keyboard a Yamaha CLP 735. Plugged out into my Mac Book, with midi in-out etc, opened pianoteq but get no signal between those two. It works perfectly on my old piano but does not seem to match this one. Is there any preset or action to be done for a new instrument? What do I miss there? Thanks for your help if any of you has a Yamaha CLP 735 and Pianotech pro 5.
Cheers.

Edit just realized this is like a year old. I bet you figured it out by now!

I'm really interested in the 735. I'm not sure You'll know but does it have high res (14 bit) velocity output? I think I saw "extend velocity" for cc#88 in its midi data section of the manual which sort of confused me because note on velocity just lists 1-127.

(Old reply: In PT 5, if I remember it correctly, I'd try Options/MIDI and make sure the source and/or channel match up. If that doesn't work I'd guess you need to check the piano in case MIDI Out keyboard control via USB is turned off. And finally you might check that the Macs MIDI settings are accepting MIDI still)

Last edited by bani223 (15-02-2024 19:54)
Soundblaster ZXR, ASIO4ALL. 96khz, ~2ms buffer. Little to no pop/crackle on Realtime priority.
I have posted several times about tweaking Pianoteq