Topic: My no participation to the contest 2023

Hello,
Video initially developed for the Pianoteq 2023 competition, it was not possible for me to submit it in time to be among the participants.
While I had envisaged being able to finish the project in a month, the movie having to be a simple rehearsal of a concert performer in front of three or four people, I sophisticated the scene over time.
I saw myself added a Modartt/Pianoteq stand then Claude Debussy in the audience, as well as my parents and friends, a bird etc. each addition lengthening rendering times and requiring preparation as well as animation work.
I used an old recording that I had made in 2010 of the prelude to the Suite bergamasque and which I passed through the Concert Creator program to anim the avatar then I extracted the midi file from the audio file using PianoTrans in order to rework the interpretation.
I also wanted to highlight the photogrammetry work of Artflech which can be found on Sketchfab, it offers magnificent, very inspiring assets, this contributed to my passion for 3D at the end of 2020.
I hope you enjoy this little concert in a London church.

https://youtu.be/x-7_q2JwqOM?si=A_EtujJl41vCDge2

Last edited by Lylo (13-02-2024 11:18)

Re: My no participation to the contest 2023

Awesome, would surely have been in the top 12 and among the three winners. Fantastic job here.
Btw, don't know if Debussy Reverie is in your repertoire but it would be a joy if you played this one here. Reverie is my favorite of the Debussy music.

Anyway, thank you Lylo so much for sharing. It was a joy to watch and listen to.

Best wishes,

Stig

Wow this was really cool - a real pity that you didn't make it in time for the competition, your entry was really enjoyable! I'm sure it must have taken a lot of prep and background work to get it ready. Your animated pianist looks quite natural at the piano - I will definitely have to try concert maker now !

[Edit: Yarrr I just saw that Concert Creator has been shut down and is no longer available.. ]

Last edited by 1MuddyDog (13-02-2024 18:11)

Wow (I'll second that), great job, so much detail.

beautiful performance and indeed it's too bad it wasn't ready in time for the competition.  also it's too bad that concert creator seems to have disappeared, it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with.

Hi everybody !
Thank you for your review, I appreciate.

Pianoteqenthusiast, I could have been on time but the scene would have had to be very simplified and it's impossible for me, I need always sophgisticated my work and in 3D univers it need a lot of time (as learning a new classical piece), I'm not disappointed, I'm happy for the result and it's the principal.
I haven't Reverie in my repertoire but I keep the idea.
Thank you for your enthusiastic participation in this forum, it's nice.

1MuddyDog, thank you, yes a project as this one need a lot of time (and this time I'm not added the time for play the piano, this time was dispended in 2010), fir this resultr I need approximately one month for one minute of video.
Yes it's a shame that Concert creator no longer exists, before the site down, I make some captures of some pieces of music with different angle of view in my hard disk with the idea to make some video montage in the futur..

kencarlino, I'm happy you appreciate.

budo, yes Concert creator was a great software, I don't know why they shut down the service. A lot of projects are deads now, anothers instruments, more expressions on the face of the avatar, improvements... all disapear in two weeks, very strange story of this software.
For this vidéo I rotoscoping the avatar and a part of the piano, at the origin it has a stage set and I intégrate the video in a decor I choosed.