Topic: Walker - Remembrance (PianoTeq, Petrof Mistral)

Here is another short piece for piano and orchestra from DM Walker:

https://youtu.be/oS74KPz_kOQ

From the composer:
"It was inspired by a nice cover version of Michel Legrand's theme from the tv show "Il était une fois l'espace" that I heard recently, although this piece has a darker, more autumnal feel to it than the theme song."

I hope you will enjoy it, and thanks as always for listening !

Technical Notes:
For this recording, I used the Petrof Mistral piano with the "Classical Music" preset. I turned off the reverb and applied some very light eq to it via the DAW.

Re: Walker - Remembrance (PianoTeq, Petrof Mistral)

Hi 1MD, Beautiful! You blended the strings and piano perfectly, they just melt into each other.  Thanks for sharing!

Ken

kencarlino wrote:

Hi 1MD, Beautiful! You blended the strings and piano perfectly, they just melt into each other.  Thanks for sharing!

Ken

Hey there Ken

Thanks so much for your encouraging comment - made me smile . Hope your Rust is going well..

Cheers,
Muddy

Very beautiful. You have succeeded perfectly with the mixing piano/strings. I enjoy that the piano is not ”too close” to the listener. The pianist sits close to the strings. Wonderful feeling, like being at a concert, what an interaction.
I hope I one day have strings too, to combine with Organteq !!
Always exciting to wait for next music from you. Thank you 1MD so much for this enjoyable experience.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (07-02-2024 16:16)

You're kidding, Muddy !

I'm sure you've been more inspired by Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (opening) or other pieces by Legrand than by my cover

Excellent work !

Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Very beautiful. You have succeeded perfectly with the mixing piano/strings. I enjoy that the piano is not ”too close” to the listener. The pianist sits close to the strings. Wonderful feeling, like being at a concert, what an interaction.
I hope I one day have strings too, to combine with Organteq !!
Always exciting to wait for next music from you. Thank you 1MD so much for this enjoyable experience.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hey there Stig

Hope you are well and in good health. Very glad you enjoyed the piece.
I used the defaults for the Petrof piano, and with my version of PianoTeq I can't play around with mic positions, so I guess it was a happy accident that the piano sounded close to the strings

There are lots of string vst's around if you're looking - Cinematic Studio Strings is really nice. I found it very easy to use, not confusing or frustrating at all, and 8dio also has a nice collection (ensemble, orchestral and solo strings). But... I think you should look for some woodwinds too......... to match up with your ducks from earlier

Keep well Stig, as always lovely to hear from you again

Borealis wrote:

You're kidding, Muddy !

I'm sure you've been more inspired by Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (opening) or other pieces by Legrand than by my cover

Excellent work !

Hey there Borealis,

Thanks for your comment, glad you enjoyed the piece.

I enjoyed your "Fly with me" very much, and looked up 4 or 5 versions of the song afterwards. I had thought to write a fragment of music to accompany an imaginary scene from the show, which would start off with a disguised version of the theme, and then continue naturally into the original. But true to form, I got stuck when trying to write the bridge from the disguised version to the original . So I aborted that idea and continued in a different direction, and this is the result.

"If it takes forever" is another favourite. That song featured in a very sad scene from Futurama (where Seymour waits in the snow for Fry). Whenever my work colleague and I went to lunch he would take very long to get ready, so whenever he wanted to grab lunch, I would reply "Yes, I'll wait for you at reception" and then send him a picture of Seymour waiting in the snow