Topic: Organteq 1&2 23 dramatic,exciting,powerful,weird endings in my music

Organteq 1&2 23 dramatic,exciting,powerful,weird endings in my music

I made a collection of endings, and want to share these 23 of my most dramatic, exciting, powerful, weird, beautiful ……  endings among my about 300 Organteq pieces so far.

Use some good headphones, check the volume, sit back, relax, and enjoy (or not    my collection. A different upload. 11 minutes

You might lower the volume……

https://youtu.be/_O7CmueuolU

All the best, everyone

Stig

Re: Organteq 1&2 23 dramatic,exciting,powerful,weird endings in my music

Hi Stig,

Nice collection! I like Chordanteq, Where you There, Unknown Musical Lands and the 2 trumpet (at the end) the best, not that they can be ranked but just based on the how they are listed here at least.

Ken

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig,

Nice collection! I like Chordanteq, Where you There, Unknown Musical Lands and the 2 trumpet (at the end) the best, not that they can be ranked but just based on the how they are listed here at least.

Ken

Nice comment. Thank you ken.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hi Stig,
that's a truly amazing contribution, particularly for those who are still not fully aware (or even fully unaware) of how versatile and powerful Organteq can be. I particularly liked your Widor's Toccata and Beethoven 5 endings, but again, all of them sound great.
Did you make registrations from scratch or adjust the built-in presets? There's more than pure interest behind my question, for hard as I try I cannot reach such a clear sound as in your Widor's Toccata ending. It's always too muddy, or too resonant, or otherwise imbalanced. Could you share the registration for this one please?

Best regards,
Ivan

Last edited by Klest (05-02-2024 13:59)

Klest wrote:

Hi Stig,
that's a truly amazing contribution, particularly for those who are still not fully aware (or even fully unaware) of how versatile and powerful Organteq can be. I particularly liked your Widor's Toccata and Beethoven 5 endings, but again, all of them sound great.
Did you make registrations from scratch or adjust the built-in presets? There's more than pure interest behind my question, for hard as I try I cannot reach such a clear sound as in your Widor's Toccata ending. It's always too muddy, or too resonant, or otherwise imbalanced. Could you share the registration for this one please?

Best regards,
Ivan

Thank you very much Ivan for your interest and welcome to this sub-forum recordings. I hope you visit often here and give comments.

As it is in the video, those endings are made mostly with Organteq 1 and not so much with Organteq 2 because it is new. Widor was made in the beginning  2021 with Organteq 1. My first upload was 29 November 2019, I think I was the first one.
Here is the registration on Organteq 1. Of course you can’t get the same sound with Orgtq 2, they have different sound/stops, but I might make a new version of Widor with Orgtq 2 just to see how it sounds. They have so different registrations, stops. Stay tuned.

Organteq 1
Recit manual
#1 Bourdon 8, #2 Gamba 8, #4 flute 4, #5 Doublette 2, #6 Cornet, #7 Trompette 8

Grand orgue manual
#2 Principal 8, #3 Gamba 8, #4 Flute 8,#6 Prestant 4, #8 Doublette 2, #9 plein Jesu V

Positif manual
#8 Plein Jesu lll, #9 Clarinette 8

Coupler on

Pos/G.O.       Res/G.O.   

And almost the same registration for left hand (had to play partly left hand and right hand separately on different tracks in my Daw, couldn’t make it with two hands in one take (I’m an amateur with some years to 80 

And now that I'm writing this, I notice that I have had too few voices, polyphony, reserved, 92, when it should probably have been 192 at least, so the sound could probably have been fuller,  but that was at the beginning when I didn't know everything and I still can't either, but you learn new things every week.
Have in any case managed to record a few songs, about 300 Organteq and 300 Pianoteq and some that I have not published for different reasons. I try to play only "public domain" where the composer died 70+ ,  sometimes more recent composers can be free. It is good to check these things out.

In Organteq 1 I always put much time on checking which stops sounds good together and how it change when using tremolo on them, using coupler for all manuals so you can get stops from different mauals together which give much more possibilities. In Organteq 2 the posibilities is endless if one want to learn things……The "Settings" window is fantastic, as they say : 
”Everything in Organteq can be tweaked - from the composition of the organ to the sound of each pipe…….
I can another time tell some ideas how I got those hammond sounds…..

Don't hesitate to upload music, everything is appreciated, we learn from each other.

Best wishes,

Stig

P.S. I am going to use both Orgtq 1 and 2 together, experimenting, to get even more power out!. Having Orgtq 1 on track one and Org 2 on tr 2 in daw 

Thank you so much Stig. Playing your registration is so uplifting.
And I am surprised that such a clear but powerful sound could be achieved with relatively few stops pulled out. I'll try and see if I can reproduce the sound on Organteq 2.
I am a beginner at physical organ sound modeling, being fully content with sample-based solutions until I felt like going deeper into tweaking and experimenting, and now looking forward to a wonderful journey through the endless sound tweaking options.
So thanks again and I wish you much time and inspiration for further experiments.

Klest wrote:

Thank you so much Stig. Playing your registration is so uplifting.
And I am surprised that such a clear but powerful sound could be achieved with relatively few stops pulled out. I'll try and see if I can reproduce the sound on Organteq 2.
I am a beginner at physical organ sound modeling, being fully content with sample-based solutions until I felt like going deeper into tweaking and experimenting, and now looking forward to a wonderful journey through the endless sound tweaking options.
So thanks again and I wish you much time and inspiration for further experiments.

You're welcome.

Best wishes,

Stig