Topic: Bluetooth MIDI issue

I am using Pianoteq 8.2 for IOS with my Yamaha Avantgrand N1X. It works fine over a wired connection from the USB to Host jack from the piano to my iPhone 14 (with a USB/Lightning adapter on the phone end). When I try to use a Bluetooth MIDI adapter (plugged into the USB to Host jack), it connects and I can play from the piano to the software, but the output just goes to the phone speaker and not back to the piano -- the piano doesn't show up in the output channels box the way it does when I use the wired connection.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Bluetooth MIDI issue

I would have thought this is expected behaviour. When connecting with the USB cable you’re making use of both the USB MIDI interface and the USB Audio interface of the N1X (note that not all digital pianos have a USB Audio interface). When connecting with a Bluetooth MIDI adapter you’re just getting the MIDI which only transmits note data and not audio.

Re: Bluetooth MIDI issue

Thanks. That makes sense. I may try to send the audio back over the regular bluetooth connection, but I'm guessing that will introduce too much latency.