Topic: Pianoteq 8.2 Demo with 6 other Instruments and one Drum (Ableton)

Enjoy and play along. Hope you guys like it.

https://youtu.be/h0pCtCuoSt0

YouTube page: Dulistan Heman

Re: Pianoteq 8.2 Demo with 6 other Instruments and one Drum (Ableton)

Your piece reminded me a little of Queen's I Want To Break Free.

Plenty more Pianoteq performances in this section:
https://forum.modartt.com/viewforum.php?id=33

dulistan heman wrote:

Enjoy and play along. Hope you guys like it.

https://youtu.be/h0pCtCuoSt0

Nice ! The bright preset is great for that song . Cheers

Key Fumbler wrote:

Your piece reminded me a little of Queen's I Want To Break Free.

LoL...Ikr. You're right. I just realized that. I did try two songs: Moonlight Sonata, 1st Movement, and Debussy. Unfortunately, YouTube says it's copyright. It took me hours to practice and record with all the editing. Those two songs are in the public domain. But that's not what happened. I suspected because I played exactly like the original piece played by other famous pianists; maybe I don't know. Out of that frustration in the last hours, quick record, I use a blues turnaround with no melody at the last quick resort, and that's what you hear.

Last edited by dulistan heman (01-02-2024 00:15)

joannchr wrote:

Thanks, Joannchr. I like Petrof Mistral because it cuts the mix and, at the same time, blends with the other instruments with its heavy bottom and bright sound. Steinway and other pianos couldn't do that. That's the reason why this Petrof Mistral has become my favorite after the 8.2 update.

We just had a band practice in the church, and they like it too. We have a Yamaha Grand C7 at church, and they don't like it much. I hooked up this Petrof Mistral with a Yamaha DGX670 to satisfy their ears.

dulistan heman wrote:

I did try two songs: Moonlight Sonata, 1st Movement, and Debussy. Unfortunately, YouTube says it's copyright. It took me hours to practice and record with all the editing. Those two songs are in the public domain. But that's not what happened. I suspected because I played exactly like the original piece played by other famous pianists; maybe I don't know. Out of that frustration in the last hours, quick record, I use a blues turnaround with no melody at the last quick resort, and that's what you hear.

Seems like broken automated copyright detection is rampant on every social media platform. Sorry that happened to you!

dulistan heman wrote:
joannchr wrote:

Thanks, Joannchr. I like Petrof Mistral because it cuts the mix and, at the same time, blends with the other instruments with its heavy bottom and bright sound. Steinway and other pianos couldn't do that. That's the reason why this Petrof Mistral has become my favorite after the 8.2 update.

We just had a band practice in the church, and they like it too. We have a Yamaha Grand C7 at church, and they don't like it much. I hooked up this Petrof Mistral with a Yamaha DGX670 to satisfy their ears.

That could be room acoustics, or maybe it needs a good tuner?
They should try moving the piano's position in the church. Even large rooms have peaks and nulls - places where frequencies are reinforced or fall off a cliff. The church will be much, much better than your home in that regard though, owing to the length, width and height of the ceiling.

That said perhaps in the real world getting the digitally perfectly tuned sound of Pianoteq combined with easily moved loudspeakers is a more convenient option than getting the best from a real piano, even something as good as a C7!
Obviously this could be pretty offensive to purists.

Last edited by Key Fumbler (01-02-2024 19:44)

miiindbullets wrote:

Seems like broken automated copyright detection is rampant on every social media platform. Sorry that happened to you!

Automated copyright using A.I is getting perfect. I did upload half of the same file, and it still got strike. Next time, I'll record just part of the song plus some medleys with other pieces to avoid copyright.

Key Fumbler wrote:

They should try moving the piano's position in the church. Even large rooms have peaks and nulls - places where frequencies are reinforced or fall off a cliff. The church will be much, much better than your home in that regard though, owing to the length, width and height of the ceiling.

That said perhaps in the real world getting the digitally perfectly tuned sound of Pianoteq combined with easily moved loudspeakers is a more convenient option than getting the best from a real piano, even something as good as a C7!

Our church recently changed the floor from carpet to wood. It seems like the soft attack and wide range characteristic of Petrof Mistral solve the issue.

dulistan heman wrote:
Key Fumbler wrote:

Our church recently changed the floor from carpet to wood. It seems like the soft attack and wide range characteristic of Petrof Mistral solve the issue.

Highly reflective surfaces everywhere oh dear - If it's a small church that will do it no favours.
Perhaps the softer sound of the Petrof combined with the dispersion characteristics of the loudspeakers. A piano is more of a kind of messy (not uniform with frequency) omnidirectional sound device. Perhaps the loudspeakers are typical pro loudspeakers and have wide baffles and wave guides on the treble? - that would mean your congregation would hear more direct signal from the loudspeakers than the piano.

Key Fumbler wrote:

Highly reflective surfaces everywhere oh dear - If it's a small church that will do it no favours.
Perhaps the softer sound of the Petrof combined with the dispersion characteristics of the loudspeakers. A piano is more of a kind of messy (not uniform with frequency) omnidirectional sound device. Perhaps the loudspeakers are typical pro loudspeakers and have wide baffles and wave guides on the treble? - that would mean your congregation would hear more direct signal from the loudspeakers than the piano.

I love your details, analysis, and information, Key Fumbler. You got that right.