Topic: Straight Life (Pianoteq)

here's an underplayed tune by Freddie Hubbard, "Straight Life" (not to be confused with the more Art Pepper tune/album of the same name).  this is one of my favorite tunes of all time, even though there's not much to it ... but it does have lots of room to run around in, which means unfortunately i got a bit nuts with it in places.  the album with this tune (also called Straight Life) has some great playing by Herbie Hancock on it, never gets old for me ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhAIXOHrmJI

Re: Straight Life (Pianoteq)

Hi Budo, quite the adventure here! Was great to listen you to go down these different paths and bigger switch at after the 8 min mark. Strangely relaxing even with the tempo of the first half, I think because you make it sound so effortless. Great Stuff!

budo, this  blows me away!  it’s the intensity of the whole piece, even where you play slowly and p pp, the intensity remains and you wait and wait with interest…
I love your playing - Amazing from start to finish!
Especially interesting from about 7,59 - 9,00 and then starts another 9.00 - about 10.00.
And this time a totally different ending than usual - it's like the music fades away, and suddnely it’s over. But, too soon.   Bravo! Thank you budo.

Best wishes,

Stig

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Budo, quite the adventure here! Was great to listen you to go down these different paths and bigger switch at after the 8 min mark. Strangely relaxing even with the tempo of the first half, I think because you make it sound so effortless. Great Stuff!

thank you so much!  i'm glad you enjoyed the adventure.  it does get a bit weird in there

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

budo, this  blows me away!  it’s the intensity of the whole piece, even where you play slowly and p pp, the intensity remains and you wait and wait with interest…
I love your playing - Amazing from start to finish!
Especially interesting from about 7,59 - 9,00 and then starts another 9.00 - about 10.00.
And this time a totally different ending than usual - it's like the music fades away, and suddnely it’s over. But, too soon.   Bravo! Thank you budo.

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much!  i'm really happy that it was able to capture your interest, even though it went on for ages and goes to such weird places   your comments mean a lot to me!