Topic: MIDI Program Change Problem

Hi all, let me start by saying I am experienced successfully configuring Pianoteq 7 to change presets upon Midi Program Change.  I'm preparing a new computer, with a fresh install of Pianoteq 7 Stage, and cannot get it to work in my VST host (Reaper) on this new computer.  (It works fine on the old one...)  Are there any other configuration parameters that might affect this other than defining global midi events for midi program change messages that load preset?

Also, FWIW, as part of my diagnosis I loaded a different VSTi plugin into the same channel and confirmed that it was responding to midi program changes, so I'm pretty sure that these are being delivered from my controller to the first VST in that channel in the host as expected.

Re: MIDI Program Change Problem

I got past this problem by deleting and re-creating the track hosting Pianoteq on the DAW (Reaper).

Some more details: on the new PC I'm preparing I've chosen to use VST3s as much as possible, as I've read they're more efficient than VST2s, and I do run a lot of them.  So I installed Pianoteq 7 Stage as a VST3.  On the previous computer it was a VST2.

When I loaded the project into the DAW that hosted Pianoteq, it recognized this, and offered to update the project to use the VST3 version.  This is not without its issues (i.e., DAW-saved presets don't seem cross-compatible).  So I theorized that this project auto-upgrading may be less than perfect, leading me to delete and create the track fresh using the VST3 from the get-go.

Last edited by jweite (19-01-2024 15:35)