Topic: Chopin Preludes Op.28 on his own piano...

Listen to the Chopin preludes like you've never heard before, performed on the piano he loved the most: the I. Pleyel Grand Piano.

We achieved this by simulating an actual performance using the Pianoteq physical model of Pleyel's piano, faithfully recreating its distinctive sound. To capture the performance's essence, we utilized a simulation of a binaural headset placed where Chopin's ears would have been while playing: right in front of the keyboard.

We set the environment in an 8x12 meters large room with a ceiling height of 5 meters. This dimensions reflect the size of an actual ballroom in a luxurious 19th-century house. Headset recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmeBknnjVWI

Re: Chopin Preludes Op.28 on his own piano...

pflying wrote:

Listen to the Chopin preludes like you've never heard before, performed on the piano he loved the most: the I. Pleyel Grand Piano.

We achieved this by simulating an actual performance using the Pianoteq physical model of Pleyel's piano, faithfully recreating its distinctive sound. To capture the performance's essence, we utilized a simulation of a binaural headset placed where Chopin's ears would have been while playing: right in front of the keyboard.

We set the environment in an 8x12 meters large room with a ceiling height of 5 meters. This dimensions reflect the size of an actual ballroom in a luxurious 19th-century house. Headset recommended.

Hi Paolo,
Congratulatins!  Well done. I'm glad you chose Pleyel 1835 (with all working octaves included). This is something extraordinary, remarkable, that perhaps many do not understand, what you have done here. Thank you Paolo. Fantastic!
Keep going!

My favorites when I listened are No 4, 19 and 20, have played 4(pop version with Organteq!) and 20 (20 with organteq too)

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (09-01-2024 19:26)

Re: Chopin Preludes Op.28 on his own piano...

Thank you Stig,
It was a BIG task, and I loved to do it.
Pianoteq is stunning.

btw: is there a way to receive notification from this forum, so that I can be informed about a reply without checking the forum every time?
Ciao!
Paolo

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
pflying wrote:

Hi Paolo,
Congratulatins!  Well done. I'm glad you chose Pleyel 1835 (with all working octaves included). This is something extraordinary, remarkable, that perhaps many do not understand, what you have done here. Thank you Paolo. Fantastic!
Keep going!

My favorites when I listened are No 4, 19 and 20, have played 4(pop version with Organteq!) and 20 (20 with organteq too)

Best wishes,

Stig