Topic: How to get instrument packs from my old Pianoteq 5 into new Pianoteq 8

Hello: 
I started using Pianoteq STAGE 5 in 2015. It included the Steinway D and the K2, as well as Kremsegg 2.  The 2020 computer I was using with it most recently died, and when I got a new one I thought I'd better get the newest Pianoteq version while I was revamping everything in my computing life.

Yesterday I installed Pianoteq STAGE 8, and everything appears to be working OK.  I picked Karsten and Kremsegg 1 as my instrument packs, and installed the KIVir instruments again. Since I have an acoustic grand, the historical instruments are the reason I bought Pianoteq in the first place, and I could get along with just these.

However, I already have the Steinway D, K2, and Kremsegg 2 licensed to me.  I'd like to be able to use them.  How do I go about getting these instrument packs into Pianoteq 8 without buying them again?  Is that possible?

Or should I simply use them in Pianoteq STAGE 5, which I can also access?  Would having two different versions of Pianoteq STAGE cause problems?

Thank you for any enlightenment!

Re: How to get instrument packs from my old Pianoteq 5 into new Pianoteq 8

Elene wrote:

I picked Karsten and Kremsegg 1 as my instrument packs, and installed the KIVir instruments again.

It sounds like you bought a new Pianoteq 8 license (139 €) instead of an update (29 €) to version 8. Because in the case of an update, you cannot select new instrument packs. Contact Modartt support, they are very helpful and will surely find a solution.