Topic: "O Tannenbaum" (Merry Christmas!)

I couldn't resist having some fun with "O Tannenbaum" day, and thought I'd share. I'm using the Steinway B Intimate preset, which I've fallen in absolute love with. I've removed the preset's own reverb and supplied an impulse using Logic Pro (1st Baptist Nashville Balcony) along with some light editing for the inevitable mistakes!

https://soundcloud.com/kerri-shotts/o-tannenbaum

Cheers,
~Kerri

Pianoteq 8, Organteq 2, Yamaha NU1X, Yamaha P515

Re: "O Tannenbaum" (Merry Christmas!)

KerriS wrote:

I couldn't resist having some fun with "O Tannenbaum" day, and thought I'd share. I'm using the Steinway B Intimate preset, which I've fallen in absolute love with. I've removed the preset's own reverb and supplied an impulse using Logic Pro (1st Baptist Nashville Balcony) along with some light editing for the inevitable mistakes!

https://soundcloud.com/kerri-shotts/o-tannenbaum

Hello KerriS and welcome to this sub-forum Recordings....

What a pleasure  you bring,  KerriS, the way you play this piece, the rhythm…I like it much. You play with great imagination and flair. It was fun.

And nice to hear Steinway B, it is one of my favorites too, and Petrof Mistral, Steingraeber and upright U4. (and Old Erard) Well, it is good when one can use different pianos different days and to different kind of music.

Nice words you use in the post Merry Christmas on the other side. Have to say I have been on board  since 2013, 10 years, and have the same feeling as you, still, "thank you for the wonderful softwares Modartt makes! I can't wait to see what's next…..”. The Pianoteq is as a new instrument every morning. Like it, Still love it as much as the first day 

Keep going!  More of this "jazzy tempo"   

All the best,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (24-12-2023 23:50)

Re: "O Tannenbaum" (Merry Christmas!)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hello KerriS and welcome to this sub-forum Recordings....

What a pleasure  you bring,  KerriS, the way you play this piece, the rhythm…I like it much. You play with great imagination and flair. It was fun.

Thank you for your kind words!

And nice to hear Steinway B, it is one of my favorites too, and Petrof Mistral, Steingraeber and upright U4. (and Old Erard) Well, it is good when one can use different pianos different days and to different kind of music.

I couldn't agree more! I've been journeying through some of the historical instruments, and it's been so much fun to play pieces from around the same timeframe, but also to experiment w/ modern music to see how well it fits. I've decided C. Graf 415 Recording makes for an excellent bright & jazzy Sleigh Bells rendition. :-)

Nice words you use in the post Merry Christmas on the other side. Have to say I have been on board  since 2013, 10 years, and have the same feeling as you, still, "thank you for the wonderful softwares Modartt makes! I can't wait to see what's next…..”. The Pianoteq is as a new instrument every morning. Like it, Still love it as much as the first day 

OMG, I was going to say I purchased Pianoteq a bit later, and then I checked for my first purchase receipt, and it's from 2013 too. Can't believe I've been blessed with 10 years of Modartt awesomeness!

Or that it took me this long to make a forum account! (I've been lurking a long while!!! ;-) )

Cheers,
~Kerri

Pianoteq 8, Organteq 2, Yamaha NU1X, Yamaha P515