Topic: Sophisticated Lady (Pianoteq)

here's one of the great ballads by Duke Ellington.  i really love this tune but i would be terrified if i were a singer and had to deal with the bridge.  a beautiful melody but so complicated ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRwyN8jvak

Re: Sophisticated Lady (Pianoteq)

budo wrote:

here's one of the great ballads by Duke Ellington.  i really love this tune but i would be terrified if i were a singer and had to deal with the bridge.  a beautiful melody but so complicated ...

Thank you budo for your wonderful rendition of Sophisticated Lady. Duke would probably have liked it.
I think I hear a bit of Misty, a couple of times, at the beginning…..and somewhere at the end?

Complicated melody, yes. But you are an especially great player because I hear that you have always control over your playing, and it seems like everything is intentional. If you play a note loudly it's because that note was meant to be played that way. I think a great player use dynamics. Bravo budo.

Like last time, great harmonies again, and nice ”relaxed soloing” on those difficult changes. When listening carefully to this, I think every note, every chord, every line, - beautiful!

Your intro is always slow and beautiful, enjoyable and  then a lot of things happen, and before the end, you calm down a bit again and finish wonderfully -  always.
Deserves many listens, thank you so much budo 

Best wishes,

Stig

P.S. I noticed: over a thousand posts, Congratulations!  Maybe you can catch me 

Re: Sophisticated Lady (Pianoteq)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
budo wrote:

Thank you budo for your wonderful rendition of Sophisticated Lady. Duke would probably have liked it.
I think I hear a bit of Misty, a couple of times, at the beginning…..and somewhere at the end?

Complicated melody, yes. But you are an especially great player because I hear that you have always control over your playing, and it seems like everything is intentional. If you play a note loudly it's because that note was meant to be played that way. I think a great player use dynamics. Bravo budo.

Like last time, great harmonies again, and nice ”relaxed soloing” on those difficult changes. When listening carefully to this, I think every note, every chord, every line, - beautiful!

Your intro is always slow and beautiful, enjoyable and  then a lot of things happen, and before the end, you calm down a bit again and finish wonderfully -  always.
Deserves many listens, thank you so much budo 

Best wishes,

Stig

P.S. I noticed: over a thousand posts, Congratulations!  Maybe you can catch me 

thank you so much for your generous comments.  i see what you're saying about Misty ... there is a certain resemblance coming from the arc of the melody!  i'm glad you enjoyed it and liked the ending!