Topic: Scarlatti K 376

Hello everyone,

I have recorded many pieces with Ptq and Orgtq (300?) but not all have been uploaded. There are pieces I think they are not good enough.
This piece, Sonata in B minor for harpsichord, K.376/L.34 is such a piece that was not ment to be uploaded. But when I told Serge Smulders that I was playing Scarlatti too, he said  ”Glad to hear it when it's finished….”, so I make an exception now.
My teacher said I will never be a player and I didn’t understand, at that time, the talk about upper mordent, lower mordent, ornament…..but it does not bother me anymore, because I have found my home and got encouragement here in this forum, my ”music family”. I have taught myself.
But, what bothers me, is that now when I undestand how to play trills and mordents - I can’t do it because my fingers don’t work for this anymore, too old and in bad condition. So, I don’t play them in this piece.
I’m using Blanchet harpsichord 392.
Domenico Scarlatti (1685 - 1757) Sonata in B minor for harpsichord, K.376/L.34

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...tti%20.mp3

Re: Scarlatti K 376

Lovely to hear that piece - thanks Pianoteqenthusiast. Good choice the Blanchet - clear and insistent tones and you played it just fine! Keep up the amazing works and hoping you take as much joy as you give us. Cheers fam!

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have recorded many pieces with Ptq and Orgtq (300?) but not all have been uploaded. There are pieces I think they are not good enough.
This piece, Sonata in B minor for harpsichord, K.376/L.34 is such a piece that was not ment to be uploaded. But when I told Serge Smulders that I was playing Scarlatti too, he said  ”Glad to hear it when it's finished….”, so I make an exception now.
My teacher said I will never be a player and I didn’t understand, at that time, the talk about upper mordent, lower mordent, ornament…..but it does not bother me anymore, because I have found my home and got encouragement here in this forum, my ”music family”. I have taught myself.
But, what bothers me, is that now when I undestand how to play trills and mordents - I can’t do it because my fingers don’t work for this anymore, too old and in bad condition. So, I don’t play them in this piece.

Very nicely played!! No reason not to upload. And "teachers" that say these kind of things shouldn't be teachers. Keep it up!
Serge

Totally agree with Qexl and Serge ! Keep going !

Last edited by Gaston (09-02-2021 09:44)

@Qexl and Serge Smulders and Gaston

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. They mean a lot to me. If you could see my face, you’d see the smile you put on it 

Hey there Stig,

This was so nice - what a lovely discovery for me as I did not know this sonata

Don't fret about the ornaments - everyone struggles with them! And, Scarlatti is also surprisingly difficult to play as he leaves your technique exposed like few other composers. If you are interested in a nice sonata to try, have a look at K 208 - it's very restful in character and sounds a lot like the "Aria" from Bach's Goldberg Inventions. It sounds nice on piano as well as on harpsichord and it's also been arranged very nicely for guitar (since I know you sometimes post guitar pieces here).

Keep well, and good health to you!

Love this. Thanks, Stig.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

1MuddyDog wrote:

Hey there Stig,

This was so nice - what a lovely discovery for me as I did not know this sonata

Don't fret about the ornaments - everyone struggles with them! And, Scarlatti is also surprisingly difficult to play as he leaves your technique exposed like few other composers. If you are interested in a nice sonata to try, have a look at K 208 - it's very restful in character and sounds a lot like the "Aria" from Bach's Goldberg Inventions. It sounds nice on piano as well as on harpsichord and it's also been arranged very nicely for guitar (since I know you sometimes post guitar pieces here).

Keep well, and good health to you!

Thank you so much for your kindness MD. I found the sheet to K 208. Let's see if I can do something....

Best wishes,

Stig

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Love this. Thanks, Stig.

Thank you Steve. And I love your The brook 

Best wishes,

Stig

Beautiful rendition of a beautiful sonata I didn't know yet.
Thank you for sharing it.

Beautiful sound too. Pianoteq is great in all its instruments.

Ciao,
Paolo

Hello everyone,

pflying wrote:

Beautiful rendition of a beautiful sonata I didn't know yet.
Thank you for sharing it.

Beautiful sound too. Pianoteq is great in all its instruments.

Ciao,
Paolo

Hello everyone,

Thank you Paolo. I appreciate your comment. Yes, pianoteq instruments are unique. Love them.

Best wishes,

Stig