Topic: Took me 3 months to learn The Beatles - Something

https://youtu.be/aTmLRHIp48Y?si=PdwWcZjKIn23fd98

I am glad I learnt this song, as it is one of my favourites.

Also, it taught me a valuable lesson on the importance of starting from the beginning and learning those smaller beginner pieces and staying the course.

Cheers,
Walid

Re: Took me 3 months to learn The Beatles - Something

Hi Walid, well played and nice song choice too!  Nice bonus at the end too!

Hello walid,

Good job. Nice work with left hand in several places, I suppose it took  many hours to get that to work together with right hand.

Thanks for sharing

Best wishes,

Stig

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Walid, well played and nice song choice too!  Nice bonus at the end too!

Thank you very much and yes I've always liked hidden tracks

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hello walid,

Good job. Nice work with left hand in several places, I suppose it took  many hours to get that to work together with right hand.

Thanks for sharing

Best wishes,

Stig

Thank you Stig.

It did take several hours.

There were many moments where I felt like why I am practicing a song so many above my current level and I should just stop.

But I stayed the course and I am happy where I am at the moment.

Hey Walid,

Nice work there - maybe you should called it "Something in the way Elise moves"

Piano is one of the hardest instruments to play, so don't be discouraged when you feel something is too hard for you. It gets easier the more you play - try another piece at this same level and you'll see it will be easier than you thought ! One day you'll sit down to try something and all your muscle memory will kick in, and everything will just fall into place and you'll be able to sight-read the piece without much difficulty.

Keep well, and happy playing..

1MuddyDog wrote:

Hey Walid,

Nice work there - maybe you should called it "Something in the way Elise moves"

Piano is one of the hardest instruments to play, so don't be discouraged when you feel something is too hard for you. It gets easier the more you play - try another piece at this same level and you'll see it will be easier than you thought ! One day you'll sit down to try something and all your muscle memory will kick in, and everything will just fall into place and you'll be able to sight-read the piece without much difficulty.

Keep well, and happy playing..

Thank you so much for your support and sorry for the late reply.

I don't know why I don't get emails when there is a comment on post.

I am currently working my way through Piano Advenutres method book (last chapter on level 1, very excited and looking forward to level 2).

The songs I am learning sound beginner, but it is teaching me a lot of about sightreading, counting out loud, hand techniques and much more.

I am looking forward to that day where I can sight read anything and play it with no difficulty

it's never too late to begin the piano journey   great job and keep them coming!

budo wrote:

it's never too late to begin the piano journey   great job and keep them coming!

Thank you, I appreciate your support