Topic: Chopin Polonaise in C# Minor, Op 26 no 1

Here is Chopin's Polonaise in C# Minor, Op 26 No 1. It has a dramatic opening section, followed by a central section that has a lovely melody which develops into a dialogue between soprano and tenor voices. The work then closes by repeating the turbulent opening section.

https://youtu.be/MC6BCXnLrms

I hope you will enjoy it, and thank you for listening !

Piano: Steinway Model D (Hamburg) with "Closed Mic Classical" preset to which I have made some changes to the velocity curve. I have also applied a small amount of eq to the instrument via the user interface to brighten up the sound slightly.

Re: Chopin Polonaise in C# Minor, Op 26 no 1

1MuddyDog wrote:

Here is Chopin's Polonaise in C# Minor, Op 26 No 1. It has a dramatic opening section, followed by a central section that has a lovely melody which develops into a dialogue between soprano and tenor voices. The work then closes by repeating the turbulent opening section.

Piano: Steinway Model D (Hamburg) with "Closed Mic Classical" preset to which I have made some changes to the velocity curve. I have also applied a small amount of eq to the instrument via the user interface to brighten up the sound slightly.

Hello 1MD,

Thanks for the description. ”It has a dramatic opening section…” Yes, I love it, what a powerful blow. And it comes again at 6,09 - 6,14 and 6,38 - 6,45.  And interesting ”ending”. The piece ends in abrupt quietness.

Lovely interpretation of this exquisitely beautiful piece. Listened again to other playing this piece. Interesting how all pianists brings their own view to the piece.
But I think you are becoming my favorite pianist now.

Thank you 1MD

Best wishes,

Stig

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
1MuddyDog wrote:

Hello 1MD,

Thanks for the description. ”It has a dramatic opening section…” Yes, I love it, what a powerful blow. And it comes again at 6,09 - 6,14 and 6,38 - 6,45.  And interesting ”ending”. The piece ends in abrupt quietness.

Lovely interpretation of this exquisitely beautiful piece. Listened again to other playing this piece. Interesting how all pianists brings their own view to the piece.
But I think you are becoming my favorite pianist now.

Thank you 1MD

Best wishes,

Stig

Hey there Stig,

Thanks so much for your kind and very generous comment, glad you enjoyed Chopin's dramatic polonaise. Yes, it has many repeats, so those opening octaves occur quite a few times during the piece . In one sense, the repeats make it easier to memorise, but that also makes it much harder to play, since with each repeat you have to find different ways of stating the same thing.

Keep well,
1MD

really loved this performance!  i've always loved Chopin (even though i can't do it myself )

Very dynamic, great job!

budo wrote:

really loved this performance!  i've always loved Chopin (even though i can't do it myself )

Hey budo,

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it! Chopin places a special demand on the piano in terms of the sound you need to get from it, but PianoTeq is more than up to that challenge !

PS: Do you know "We will meet again" by Bill Evans?

Cheers..

kencarlino wrote:

Very dynamic, great job!

Hey kencarlino

Haven't seen you for a while in the forum(?) - good that you're back Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you enjoyed the piece

Cheers..

1MuddyDog wrote:
kencarlino wrote:

Very dynamic, great job!

Hey kencarlino

Haven't seen you for a while in the forum(?) - good that you're back Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you enjoyed the piece

Cheers..

Thanks! Yeah, got caught up is a nasty cold/flu/Covid or something like that combined with an overload of work so didn't have a lot of time and energy for some weeks.