Topic: Walker - Morning at the Lake (PianoTeq)

Here is a very short composition by .. me

https://youtu.be/-10N2SfnjmU

It is a small orchestration project to test out writing in a particular style. And, of course, PianoTeq is at the centre of it!

I hope you will enjoy it, and thanks as always for listening !

Technical Details:
Piano: Steinway Model D (Hamburg) with modified Closed Mic Classical preset (I've modified the velocity curve and also made some changes to the Eq)
Woodwinds: The Alpine Project
Solo Violin: The Alpine Project
Strings: Orchestral Tools (as supplied with Kontakt 7.1)
DAW: Sonar Platinum

Last edited by 1MuddyDog (21-10-2023 19:23)

Re: Walker - Morning at the Lake (PianoTeq)

1MuddyDog wrote:

It is a small orchestration project to test out writing in a particular style. And, of course, PianoTeq is at the centre of it!

Fantastic! You say ”A small orchestration project”, but small projects let big things happen. You made this with love. Made me remember things!  Love this orchestration Well done!
Thank you 1MD.

And good luck in the contest. I like your entry, it’s beautiful.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (20-10-2023 23:00)

Beautiful.
Brief but excellent composition and production. Thanks.
And it's in a very nice (and popular) genre of music.

Unless you prefer not to do so, you might mention which computer OS, DAW and plugins you use or prefer. The orchestration is very nice.

I currently use Linux, the Ardour or Mixbus32C DAWs (or Reaper), and regret that many wonderful-sounding orchestral plugins (such as sample-based string libraries and other instruments) are not available for Linux. I'm particularly interested in Audio Modeling's new physically-modeled (not sampled) String Sections plugins as well as their solo instruments.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (21-10-2023 04:48)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Beautiful!
We'd love to hear more.
It would be a great showcase for Pianoteq !

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
1MuddyDog wrote:

Fantastic! You say ”A small orchestration project”, but small projects let big things happen. You made this with love. Made me remember things!  Love this orchestration Well done!
Thank you 1MD.

And good luck in the contest. I like your entry, it’s beautiful.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hey there Stig,

Always good to hear from you. Thanks for your kind comment, always greatly appreciated. Good luck in the contest to you as well!

Gaston wrote:

Beautiful!
We'd love to hear more.
It would be a great showcase for Pianoteq !

Hey there Gaston,

Thanks for your kind comment.

I'd love to make more of these although my inspirations are few and far between . PianoTeq is awesome - I am still exploring what you can do with it in terms of different composers and playing styles, and with each piece I am surprised and amazed at how the selected piano sounds and responds (although so far I've only used the Hamburg Steinway Model D)! I hope more people start using the software.

Keep well,
1MD

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Beautiful.
Brief but excellent composition and production. Thanks.
And it's in a very nice (and popular) genre of music.

Unless you prefer not to do so, you might mention which computer OS, DAW and plugins you use or prefer. The orchestration is very nice.

I currently use Linux, the Ardour or Mixbus32C DAWs (or Reaper), and regret that many wonderful-sounding orchestral plugins (such as sample-based string libraries and other instruments) are not available for Linux. I'm particularly interested in Audio Modeling's new physically-modeled (not sampled) String Sections plugins as well as their solo instruments.

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for your kind comment, glad you enjoyed it.

I'm very very glad you pointed out the existence of physically modelled string sections - I'd actually asked Modartt if they would ever consider applying their software technology to strings as well, but I haven't seen anything from them about something like this. Finding string section plugins with which you can create realistic sounding productions has proven quite elusive, so if these physically modelled string sections behave in the same way as PianoTeq, that would truly be amazing and a game changer!

Sorry for omitting all the tech details, I've edited the main post now to include them.

very lovely.  i could almost imagine being there.  great use of the orchestration to cast a spell.

budo wrote:

very lovely.  i could almost imagine being there.  great use of the orchestration to cast a spell.

Hey Budo

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it!