Topic: Ecclusiastics (Pianoteq)

another obscure tune from the book, although not nearly as obscure as some others ... certainly not one that's often played: Charles Mingus's "Ecculsiastics." this one i recorded cold (didn't listen to any reference recordings and had never heard it myself), i just tried to imagine what it was supposed to sound like from the lead sheet and from what i knew of other Mingus recordings.  of course that's not the typical recommended practice but ... hopefully it's not too crazy.

https://youtu.be/zVYCoavNWkg

Re: Ecclusiastics (Pianoteq)

I never heard it too but yet if feels very comfortable and so chill for around the first 2 minutes. Another great job all around!

Hi budo,

This wasn't crazy at all. I  could follow your playing this time and when it got a little tough I looked at the chords and counted

Nice ending as always, all in all very good, as always.

Maybe not known to most people, but for me not difficult at all to understand.  I like your way of playing it. Thanks budo, for sharing

Best wishes,

Stig

p.s. Sorry about your Covid. Take care and stay safe.

I've felt this one like a journey or something retrospective (my feel). Nice to listen to this one in the evening. Laid back with some nuances and a bit of slow swing.

Cool !

Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

kencarlino wrote:

I never heard it too but yet if feels very comfortable and so chill for around the first 2 minutes. Another great job all around!

thank you so much!  it's a lovely progression although there are twists and turns in there i really like his music.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hi budo,

This wasn't crazy at all. I  could follow your playing this time and when it got a little tough I looked at the chords and counted

Nice ending as always, all in all very good, as always.

Maybe not known to most people, but for me not difficult at all to understand.  I like your way of playing it. Thanks budo, for sharing

Best wishes,

Stig

p.s. Sorry about your Covid. Take care and stay safe.

thank you so much for your generous comments.  i'm glad you enjoyed it! i stayed pretty close to the chart, it was already interesting enough   i'm a lot better now and hopefully will be all clear before too long.

Borealis wrote:

I've felt this one like a journey or something retrospective (my feel). Nice to listen to this one in the evening. Laid back with some nuances and a bit of slow swing.

Cool !

thank you for listening and your comments.  i agree with the retrospective feel of course the real recording could be something totally different, i should probably check it out