Topic: Thinking about apocalypse

Just with the bells (not a Wagner's theme...).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i796ESC3qvc

Last edited by Borealis (03-09-2023 18:05)
Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

Re: Thinking about apocalypse

Ominous and fitting instrument choice for the theme. I will date myself but it partly reminds me of some of the sound track from the original Planet of the Apes movie from the late 60s. Great job!  BTW that is also a compliment as it won an academy award for Best Original Score for a Motion Picture.

Wow Borealis!!
At first, nice to hear bells in a whole piece. Have not heard before. Good choice. Have used bells in a piece called Evening chims, but didn’t upload it….

Looking at the picture and listening, I was thinking of a very serious event resulting in great destruction - apocalypse. The bell's ringing is supposed to usher in the Apocalypse. This music could be perfect if making a film today!
The complete final destruction of the world, as described in the biblical book of Revelation.

The picture and the music had a strong effect on me so I started thinking about what to stockpile, important items - if.....
jugs of water, canned goods (have it already at home), blankets, pillows, warm long sleeved chloting (cold here up in north, Finland), medications…….

Well Borealis, this was extraordinary music in this forum. Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (03-09-2023 21:28)

very cool!  it definitely was apocalyptic and ominous.  i really liked the use of the bells in the low register ... kind of imagining a 50 ft bell

kencarlino wrote:

Ominous and fitting instrument choice for the theme. I will date myself but it partly reminds me of some of the sound track from the original Planet of the Apes movie from the late 60s. Great job!  BTW that is also a compliment as it won an academy award for Best Original Score for a Motion Picture.

Many thanks, Ken, for the great compliment ! Yes, this soundtrack is unforgettable. One of my fav with Spartacus, The Fall of the Roman Empire, or Lawrence of Arabia. This was a great decade for soundtracks.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Wow Borealis!!
At first, nice to hear bells in a whole piece. Have not heard before. Good choice. Have used bells in a piece called Evening chims, but didn’t upload it….

Looking at the picture and listening, I was thinking of a very serious event resulting in great destruction - apocalypse. The bell's ringing is supposed to usher in the Apocalypse. This music could be perfect if making a film today!
The complete final destruction of the world, as described in the biblical book of Revelation.

The picture and the music had a strong effect on me so I started thinking about what to stockpile, important items - if.....
jugs of water, canned goods (have it already at home), blankets, pillows, warm long sleeved chloting (cold here up in north, Finland), medications…….

Well Borealis, this was extraordinary music in this forum. Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,

Stig

Many thanks, Stig ! Glad you were impressed. Let's hope "apocalypse" is not for tomorrow !

budo wrote:

very cool!  it definitely was apocalyptic and ominous.  i really liked the use of the bells in the low register ... kind of imagining a 50 ft bell

Many thanks, budo ! Yes, the bell from hell...