Topic: Rachmaninov-Volodos Zdes Khorosho [PianoTeq]

Here is my attempt at Rachmaninov's song "Здесь Хорошо" from "12 Romances" Op 21 No 7, as beautifully re-imagined by Volodos. I hope you will enjoy it, and thank you for listening .

https://youtu.be/PpZdvgr5jtQ

The photograph is of the Katun River in the beautiful Altai province of Russia. It was taken by user Aleksandr9777 and is available on the pixabay web site.

Performance Notes:
I use here a combined version of the excellent transcriptions of Volodos' arrangement that were done by Alexey Nemtsov and Alexander Norden. I did make a few small changes to these transcriptions, however these changes are just fun improvisations and not intended as corrections. I am grateful to both pianists for making their transcriptions available.

*Technical Notes:*
Here I have used the Steinway Model D (Hamburg) with the "Closed Mic Classical" preset and some minor adjustments to the velocity response curve.

Last edited by 1MuddyDog (03-09-2023 06:51)

Re: Rachmaninov-Volodos Zdes Khorosho [PianoTeq]

1MuddyDog wrote:

Here is my attempt at Rachmaninov's song "Здесь Хорошо" from "12 Romances" Op 21 No 7, as beautifully re-imagined by Volodos. I hope you will enjoy it, and thank you for listening .

The photograph is of the Katun River in the beautiful Altai province of Russia. It was taken by user Aleksandr9777 and is available on the pixabay web site.

Performance Notes:
I use here a combined version of the excellent transcriptions of Volodos' arrangement that were done by Alexey Nemtsov and Alexander Norden. I did make a few small changes to these transcriptions, however these changes are just fun improvisations and not intended as corrections. I am grateful to both pianists for making their transcriptions available.

Here I have used the Steinway Model D (Hamburg) with the "Closed Mic Classical" preset and some minor adjustments to the velocity response curve.

A beautiful piece. Well played. Very enjoyable listen.

There is something soothing about the flowing melodic line.
My mind immediately went to Debussy, Clair de lune, the fast section and I wonder what Debussy would have said if he heard this piece. He probably would have liked it.

And, the sound and reverb go well with the beautiful picture.
Thank you for sharing. Waiting for more….

Best wishes

Stig

Beautiful all around, what more to say!

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
1MuddyDog wrote:

Performance Notes:

A beautiful piece. Well played. Very enjoyable listen.

There is something soothing about the flowing melodic line.
My mind immediately went to Debussy, Clair de lune, the fast section and I wonder what Debussy would have said if he heard this piece. He probably would have liked it.

And, the sound and reverb go well with the beautiful picture.
Thank you for sharing. Waiting for more….

Best wishes

Stig

Hello Stig,

Nice to hear from you again - hope you are in good health. Thank you as always for your kind comment, it is much appreciated.

kencarlino wrote:

Beautiful all around, what more to say!

Hi kencarlino

Nice to hear from you. Thank you very much for your kind comment - I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Very nicely played and the preset adjustments are excellent . .  .

Kudos,  Lanny

beautiful all around!  performance, recording, quality, and the piece itself.  really outstanding.

LTECpiano wrote:

Very nicely played and the preset adjustments are excellent . .  .

Kudos,  Lanny

Hi Lanny

Thanks for your comment, glad you enjoyed the piece. The adjustments are still a work in progress though - I have only the "Stage" version, hopefully when I can upgrade to standard there are more settings to tweak. I'm aiming to make the piano sound like the one I remember from the exam room at the music school that I attended - long way to go though

budo wrote:

beautiful all around!  performance, recording, quality, and the piece itself.  really outstanding.

Hey Budo "Bill Evans"

Thanks for your comment! I'm still enjoying your "My Little Boat" and "Yardbird Suite"