Topic: Yardbird Suite (Pianoteq)

here's one of the great bop tunes by Charlie Parker.  this tune isn't in the original real book but appears in vol 2 (lots of great tunes in there too).  one of my favorite Parker tunes!

https://youtu.be/vMYuDwBZlNc

Re: Yardbird Suite (Pianoteq)

Thanks Budo for bringing me out to the piano bar and I didn't even need to leave my house. Great job!

budo wrote:

here's one of the great bop tunes by Charlie Parker.  this tune isn't in the original real book but appears in vol 2 (lots of great tunes in there too).  one of my favorite Parker tunes!

Quite excellent improvisation. Actually, beautiful playing budo!   And the end - love the slow, soft going and the nice Bang! on 3,26    Excellent ending again!
One of your favorites - yes, I think I can hear that, you know how to play this piece in  your way. Bravo!

Thanks for sharing your music

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (10-08-2023 06:26)

Another perfect one. The swing and the smoothness !

Que Bastet soit avec vous et avec votre mistigri !

Hey budo

This was really nice to listen to - I enjoyed all the nice chords and modulations! Hope you'll try some Bill Evans soon

PS Which piano/preset are you using here? The piano sounds really nice and clean.

kencarlino wrote:

Thanks Budo for bringing me out to the piano bar and I didn't even need to leave my house. Great job!

thank you so much!

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
budo wrote:

Quite excellent improvisation. Actually, beautiful playing budo!   And the end - love the slow, soft going and the nice Bang! on 3,26    Excellent ending again!
One of your favorites - yes, I think I can hear that, you know how to play this piece in  your way. Bravo!

Thanks for sharing your music

Best wishes,

Stig

thank you so much, i really appreciate it!  i'm glad you liked the ending

Borealis wrote:

Another perfect one. The swing and the smoothness !

thank you, i'm glad you liked it!  it's such a fun tune to play

1MuddyDog wrote:

Hey budo

This was really nice to listen to - I enjoyed all the nice chords and modulations! Hope you'll try some Bill Evans soon

PS Which piano/preset are you using here? The piano sounds really nice and clean.

thank you for listening!  i have a done a few of his tunes, he's one of the GOATs.  most recently i did Time Remembered (although it was kind of strange version of it ...)

i think this is a modified Steinway B Gentle.  i change them all the time so i can't be sure (there are so many good pianos to pick from ...)