Topic: Plaint - Spectacularly beautiful! Classical Guitar+Organteq

Plaint - Spectacularly beautiful! Classical Guitar+Organteq

One of the better I’ve recorded!
The saddest, most melancholy music I've ever recorded.

Classical Guitar Gentle and Classical Guitar Electrified and Organteq

Harvey Grace (1874–1944), more recent composer, was an English organist and music writer. 

Plaint is highly expressive, and very sad but is an excellent piece for showing  different sounds as soloists.

This is a very sad work, which Grace asks to be played in a "Free and swaying rhythm”. So I use glissando pedal in some places. And I made Gentle sound sad too in the first part before Electrified., sad the Electrified too. It is written in a very chromatic A minor, and remains in the minor at the conclusion.

"Ten Compositions," which are in two volumes, were published by Schott & Co. in 1922. "Plaint" is the ninth piece in the collection, and is dedicated: "To my Wife."

I made the Organteq accompaniment as sad sounding as possible, sooo sad. In some way, somehow, I find this composition spectacularly beautiful!
Actually, I feel it as a breathtaking experience....

Plaint

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...Guitar.mp3

Grace also wrote the beautiful Cradle song which is one of my Audio demos for Organteq.

https://www.modartt.com/data/audio/orga...tbacka.mp3

All the best, everyone,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (11-07-2023 22:29)

Re: Plaint - Spectacularly beautiful! Classical Guitar+Organteq

Hi Stig, for me, Plaint left me feeling perhaps more off balance than sad, definitely impactful but perhaps the scale choice was strange enough to my ears that I couldn't draw enough sadness from reference but I can see how it could for others.

I prefer The Gradle more, especially after 0.42 when the addition joins and I can say for me this was both beautiful and relatably sad, if that makes sense.

Well done

kencarlino wrote:

Hi Stig, for me, Plaint left me feeling perhaps more off balance than sad, definitely impactful but perhaps the scale choice was strange enough to my ears that I couldn't draw enough sadness from reference but I can see how it could for others.

I prefer The Gradle more, especially after 0.42 when the addition joins and I can say for me this was both beautiful and relatably sad, if that makes sense.

Well done

Thank you kencarlino so much for your comment, and your solid arguments that explain your position. I appreciate it.

I think everyone experience music in an unique way and can be influenced by factors such as culture, personal taste, and individual differences in hearing….. a s o. Anyway, music can really move us emotionally - make us feel happiness, sadness, bring back a strong memory.  (In recent years I have gone through several sorrows, and have problems with my health, so the emotional feeling for certain music comes up easily when I remember sad things and playing/recording music).

Thank you kencarlino for always listening and giving comments. It always encourages me to continue.

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (12-07-2023 16:36)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:
kencarlino wrote:

Well done

Thank you kencarlino so much for your comment, and your solid arguments that explain your position. I appreciate it.

I think everyone experience music in an unique way and can be influenced by factors such as culture, personal taste, and individual differences in hearing….. a s o. Anyway, music can really move us emotionally - make us feel happiness, sadness, bring back a strong memory.  (In recent years I have gone through several sorrows, and have problems with my health, so the emotional feeling for certain music comes up easily when I remember sad things and playing/recording music).

Thank you kencarlino for always listening and giving comments. It always encourages me to continue.

Best wishes,

Stig

Hi Stig, sorry to hear your hardships and health issues but great that you have music to help cope. In one of my other lives I create digital painting software and some users over the years would often tell me how art and the painting process helps them with their health and hardships so definitely I can understand how music can do the same if not even more so.