Topic: Henry Purcell (1659-1695) - Ground in C Minor

https://youtu.be/uW_3TCh1s2Y

Tuning: "Vallotti & Young Scale, A=432"
Preset used: all Pianoteq modern pianos

An interesting piece, by an "ancient" composer, yet it sounds like "Rock music".

Best Wishes
k.c.Paul

Re: Henry Purcell (1659-1695) - Ground in C Minor

Yes indeed, that's really groovy !
Vallotti & Young tuning is well suited to this piece.

This is an interesting and outstanding performance. Can't stop listening.

What an astonishing mastering of the articulation on the piano. Playing not so much staccato with the left hand whilst playing much staccato with the right one. Now you have succeded with the sound that give you this possiibility. I hear the color change in right hand with high notes and the very nice bass sound in left hand while going down, it changes to softer and fuller, when from forte to piano in places.

I feel that you now have control over the tone quality, timbre, the overall sound of Ptq. I can hear details. Full of energy.
And the ending, a decrease in loudness, intensity - what an ending! And here the tone color change too! With Beyerdynamic I can hear it better than with my Grado Lab headphones.
And agree with Gaston, Vallotti is well suited here

Thank you so much k c Paul
And, because of listening to your sound experiment long now, I have learned to listen to piano sound in a totally different ways, have not been thinking of the details in sound before.It enriches the listening   

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (09-07-2023 17:14)

very cool piece and beautiful performance!

Gaston wrote:

Yes indeed, that's really groovy !
Vallotti & Young tuning is well suited to this piece.

Thanks, Gaston, for your comment.

Best Wishes
k.c.Paul

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

This is an interesting and outstanding performance. Can't stop listening.
What an astonishing mastering of the articulation on the piano.
I feel that you now have control over the tone quality, timbre, the overall sound of Ptq. I can hear details. Full of energy.
And, because of listening to your sound experiment long now, I have learned to listen to piano sound in a totally different ways, have not been thinking of the details in sound before.It enriches the listening   
Best wishes,

Stig

Thanks for your comment again. Since I am a concert pianist, I am too sensitive to different touching on the piano, and so do all the tone colors changing on an acoustic piano.
I feel pretty disappointed with the mono-tone color on virtue-piano (127 degrees of color changes and dynamic changes is far from enough for me) I have been looking for a solution for decades. And I found out the way to solve this last year. Although the Theory is ready, to manifest theory, hard work (trial and error) is needed. At last, I did prove that my theory is working. And I am so happy to have a good way to manifest my musical ideas. Thanks Modartt and everyone here.

Best Wishes
k.c.Paul

budo wrote:

very cool piece and beautiful performance!

Thanks, Budo.
I like your playing too.

Best Wishes
k.c.Paul