Topic: Jazzy/funky "No diggity" with Bluethner preset

Hi Everybody,

I'm modestly proud to share this recording with you guys. There are plenty of versions of "No Diggity" out there, here is another one and its style/genre might pass under the term "JazzPopFunk"

Ever since the realease of Herbie Hancock's 2005 album "Possibilities" I heavily fell in love with that masterful Serious-Jazz-Piano-in-Pop-Context-Sound. Now after years of working and trying I'm still light-years away but this is very likely the closest I'll ever get to it.

I used PT7 with a preset called "Bluethner_Model_One_AB_(fazioli_rescaled)" that someone shared here in the forum a few years ago (has been my favourite preset since). The controller is a Roland RD-800.

For mainstream ears the piano might be a bit to prominent in the mix but this is a piano forum after all...

Hope you like it (Piano-Solo from 2:25).

Cheers

TJ76
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPYUQ_Y2ts

Last edited by TJ76 (02-07-2023 15:02)

Re: Jazzy/funky "No diggity" with Bluethner preset

very cool recording!  i thought the mix was perfect (i'm a big fan of more piano).  the solo was awesome too!  clearly you guys have a lot of experience with each other, there was excellent rapport.

Excellent all around!!  I agree with Budo the piano prominence sounded perfect and I wouldn't have even thought about it had you not called it out. I tried to get a piano sounding good in my modest jazz mixes with guitar and struggled to get it sounding right in the mix, perhaps I will have to grab this preset you mentioned as I do have the Bluethner. Thanks for sharing!

kencarlino wrote:

Excellent all around!!  I agree with Budo the piano prominence sounded perfect and I wouldn't have even thought about it had you not called it out. I tried to get a piano sounding good in my modest jazz mixes with guitar and struggled to get it sounding right in the mix, perhaps I will have to grab this preset you mentioned as I do have the Bluethner. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! The Preset is archived under Pianoteq 4 dated 14 march 2014 by user "njaremko". Sorry, I technically couldn't share it any other way. It works perfectly on any newer PT version. Hope you have fun with it...

Last edited by TJ76 (07-07-2023 14:45)