Topic: More Jazz Inspired Guitar : Shall We Dance

In total, 5 Pianoteq guitars are used, bass, rhythm and 2 leads. However, the lead that is heard first is actually two guitars fed to different 3rd party amps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eksY8...mp;index=4

Enjoy!

Re: More Jazz Inspired Guitar : Shall We Dance

kencarlino wrote:

In total, 5 Pianoteq guitars are used, bass, rhythm and 2 leads. However, the lead that is heard first is actually two guitars fed to different 3rd party amps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eksY8...mp;index=4

Enjoy!

Well, a short analysis:

I like your way of using bass guitar in this piece, it ”walks” in an interesting way, it's "kencarlino - style". Like it
Always interesting with your music, I like your way of panning different guitars left right here. I have a pair of headphones that shine precisely in this area of giving depth, wide ”stage effect”, when listening. They are perfect for your mixing.

I gave myself time to listen through all pieces and favourites are Jazz fest and Talking till. Jazz fest because of the nice steady speed, and and Talking till because of it is the opposite, nice and slow.
All pieces has the characteristic ”kencarlino - style” but are still different. You have your own style, different from others, and that is a very good thing.
Be proud, it's not easy to stand out from the crowd in today's colorful music world.

I think you have found your place in the sun. Keep going!

My best wishes,

Stig

Wow Stig thanks for the detailed feedback!! Glad you like and found them interesting. About style, the funny thing is I tried to achieve different styles but I mostly failed so I guess I am limited, for better or worse, to a certain kind of sound.   I even have some hard rock and almost metal creations and most likely they sound in some way similar too haha. The limitation could also be in part to the process I use to compose my music which is 100% unique to me and fully custom so yeah it makes some sense that it's an extension of my inner style.

really enjoyed this recording.  indeed the interplay between the guitars, bass, and drums is excellent.  great atmosphere.

Thanks Budo for having a listen and your feedback, glad you enjoyed it!