Topic: lower note with the pedals

Hi everyone!
How can I set Organteq so that only the lowest note is played on the pedals?

Re: lower note with the pedals

luigi wrote:

Hi everyone!
How can I set Organteq so that only the lowest note is played on the pedals?

Hi luigi,
If I get you right, you might want to split your keyboard, choosing the 'One keyboard split' option to the right of the MIDI mapping button and set the range you want to remain covered by the pedals.

Last edited by Klest (18-01-2022 22:13)

He probably means the so-called automatic pedal. Viscount marks it with the AP button.
When you play the manual, the registers from the pedal are added to the lowest note.
Organteq does not have such a feature.

Last edited by rumburak (19-01-2022 18:13)

I think, similar to Viscount, Hauptwerk calls it a "Bass Coupler" (and for melody function there's a "Treble Coupler") which currently isn't in Organteq.  I've seen it requested a lot, so I assume it's coming soon.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

tmyoung wrote:

I think, similar to Viscount, Hauptwerk calls it a "Bass Coupler" (and for melody function there's a "Treble Coupler") which currently isn't in Organteq.  I've seen it requested a lot, so I assume it's coming soon.

Yes a bass and melody coupler feature would be very useful.

Meanwhile, a workable bass coupler can be implemented using third party software, which I've successfully achieved using Bome Midi Translator Pro - you do need the paid version because you need to use the rules feature.

Method: intercept keyboard midi input in BMTP.  A variable to hold the lowest note is initialised with a high value outside of the pedal range.  As well as allowing pass through to play the keyboards as usual, you also check each 'note on' and store the lowest in this variable, by replacing any value currently in there when a lower one is played.  You send the lowest 'note on' to organteq's pedal board.  You then temporarily lock any further 'send note' actions, while constantly checking for a matching 'note off'.  When this comes you send the 'note off' to the pedal board and reset the variable to the initial value, ready for it to cascade down to the new lowest note, and the cycle repeats.

Key to the success of this are "Timers" in BMTP, and tweaking the millisecond response times so that it works just right. It's not absolutely perfect but works 99% of the time, I'd say 100% if all you are using it for is slower music such as hymns.

Hope that helps someone.