Topic: Pianoteq 8 just been released 16.11.2022

Refined physical model which benefits all pianos
New Classical Guitar model
New User Interface
iOS app coming soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOIqPTNyyf0

Last edited by davidizquierdo82 (16-11-2022 12:55)
P85>Kawai CA97>Numa XGT>FP90X>LX706
Pianoteq 8 Pro (all instruments) + Organteq 2
i7 4790K W10 64bits + Behringer UMC1820
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz

Re: Pianoteq 8 just been released 16.11.2022

Haha, I thought I'd just spend a couple of minutes with the demo. That soon turned into half an hour! Wow, they have worked hard on this update. Looking forward to having some longer sessions. I'm going to love the classical guitar!

dazric wrote:

Haha, I thought I'd just spend a couple of minutes with the demo. That soon turned into half an hour! Wow, they have worked hard on this update. Looking forward to having some longer sessions. I'm going to love the classical guitar!

My initial impression is very positive - have v7 and v8 side by side and bouncing between the two the difference is immediate. At least to my X2HR Fidelio headphones I am hearing a lot less metallic and a more rounded sound. Bravo Modartt!!

jamiecw wrote:
dazric wrote:

My initial impression is very positive - have v7 and v8 side by side and bouncing between the two the difference is immediate. At least to my X2HR Fidelio headphones I am hearing a lot less metallic and a more rounded sound. Bravo Modartt!!

yea. i noticed hammer strike is smoother on the D and Bech, without changing overall character.    The sale is a bonus.

A little disappointed not to see a new piano I will console myself by testing one by one all the improved piano presets (and there is lot of work), the guitars do not really interest me.
The first playing tests are very convincing, the sound and the playability of pianoteq are always fabulous...

A little disappointment, the new user interface unfortunately only concerns the home panel... I would have liked an improvement of the navigation between presets (still no simple and effective favorites function).
And still no real full screen interface... yet they would be beautiful pianos in full screen...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

YvesTh wrote:

And still no real full screen interface...

I was hoping for that too, perhaps a mode in which you could have access to the multiple sections at once, sort of arranging all separable windows (mics, effects etc.) into one single big interface.

They may consider it for future upgrades though, who knows

P85>Kawai CA97>Numa XGT>FP90X>LX706
Pianoteq 8 Pro (all instruments) + Organteq 2
i7 4790K W10 64bits + Behringer UMC1820
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz

davidizquierdo82 wrote:

... iOS app coming soon ...

Looking forward to this! Whatever the pricing scheme, I'm in, though it does bring up a few interesting issues. I wonder if an M1 iPad can run Pianoteq while displaying sheet music?

first impressions - Sounds smoother all round.

New acoustic guitar sounds lovely. Plays better on the synth action keyboard than the hammer keys as you might expect.

Funky rendered and dynamically lit 3d graphic representations of the instruments are a nice touch. I think that could help sway a few potential extra customers that buy with their eyes as much as their ears.

The flat trendy text graphics are a surprise. I liked the old look but this isn't unpleasant.

Key Fumbler wrote:

first impressions - Sounds smoother all round.

New acoustic guitar sounds lovely. Plays better on the synth action keyboard than the hammer keys as you might expect.

Funky rendered and dynamically lit 3d graphic representations of the instruments are a nice touch. I think that could help sway a few potential extra customers that buy with their eyes as much as their ears.

The flat trendy text graphics are a surprise. I liked the old look but this isn't unpleasant.

Looking and sounding wonderful indeed. Digging in …

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

Yep, definitely smoother and more rounded. I'm finding quite a few presets that I can now work with 'out of the box', which is great. More time making music and less time tweaking, that's got to be good

Just wish to express my appreciation for the excellent update - a delighting impression, and the more time spent with Pianoteq, the more it inspires.

Some stuff has been delivered which has been asked for in the past - in the MIDI playback there's now 'select range' and 'auto-loop' it and a bunch of nice things we're sure to come across.. like click the volume meter to 'mute'.

Congratulations to everyone at Modartt - another good release to be proud of. Sounds so good and really do love the guitar.

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

YvesTh wrote:

A little disappointed not to see a new piano I will console myself by testing one by one all the improved piano presets (and there is lot of work), the guitars do not really interest me.
The first playing tests are very convincing, the sound and the playability of pianoteq are always fabulous...

A little disappointment, the new user interface unfortunately only concerns the home panel... I would have liked an improvement of the navigation between presets (still no simple and effective favorites function).
And still no real full screen interface... yet they would be beautiful pianos in full screen...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

MEA CULPA I just found the favorites.... thank you Modartt....

Is the new guitar instrument included when I upgrade from Standard 7 to Standard 8 for 29€ or do I need to purchase it separately?

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

Zaskar wrote:

Is the new guitar instrument included when I upgrade from Standard 7 to Standard 8 for 29€ or do I need to purchase it separately?

It's not an upgrade freebie - unless you bought the complete Pianoteq package.

Hi,

new feature that seems incredible :

The LV2 / VST3 / AudioUnit plugins can receive an optional audio input, which is used to excite the string resonances (STD/PRO versions).

just opened in Logic , see the audio option in design windows , but i don't find where i select audio

nothing in manual

there is a tutorial ?

So excited. Does anyone know where the .dll file is located in Windows? My DAW is not finding Pianoteq 8 at startup.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:

So excited. Does anyone know where the .dll file is located in Windows? My DAW is not finding Pianoteq 8 at startup.

by default they put it on c:program files/steinberg/vstplugins

Key Fumbler wrote:

Ah,ok! It is listed in the list of changes of version 8.0.0 so i thought it's free. Stupid me.
I think i'll contact Modartt for an offer to get full-blown STUDIO. I own Standard + 18 instruments.

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

Qexl wrote:

Just wish to express my appreciation for the excellent update - a delighting impression, and the more time spent with Pianoteq, the more it inspires.

Some stuff has been delivered which has been asked for in the past - in the MIDI playback there's now 'select range' and 'auto-loop' it and a bunch of nice things we're sure to come across.. like click the volume meter to 'mute'.

Congratulations to everyone at Modartt - another good release to be proud of. Sounds so good and really do love the guitar.

Congrats indeed. Great to see the hard work paying off.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

Olivier W wrote:

Hi,

The LV2 / VST3 / AudioUnit plugins can receive an optional audio input, which is used to excite the string resonances (STD/PRO versions).

just opened in Logic , see the audio option in design windows , but i don't find where i select audio

nothing in manual

there is a tutorial ?

Olivier,

In Logic, you have to use the Side-Chain function to get audio into Pianoteq. In the top-right corner of any AU-plugin that supports side-chaining, you can select which track (instrument, audio, bus, input, ...) contains, or generates, the audio that you want to bring into Pianoteq.
In Pianoteq itself, you'll find a little plug-in symbol (to the right of the Duplex parameter) which, when clicked, reveals two more parameters to control the incoming signal with.

_

Last edited by Piet De Ridder (16-11-2022 19:24)

today is a good day

added: love the new images.  the pianos in the elevator and in the Taj Mahal are awesome.

still more: the guitar is also awesome.  now i can try to imitate Ralph Towner. very cool.

Last edited by budo (16-11-2022 19:38)

Nice upgrade price - just up'd from STAGE 7 to STANDARD 8. Sweet!

budo wrote:

today is a good day

added: love the new images.  the pianos in the elevator and in the Taj Mahal are awesome.

still more: the guitar is also awesome.  now i can try to imitate Ralph Towner. very cool.

Yes piano pictures are good... And will be better if "full screen" ... And marvellous if they were real 3d images and if we could navigate in them, get closer to the piano... turn arround...  but I dream... maybe in the future it will be, and we will see hammers in movement when playing...

Piet De Ridder wrote:
Olivier W wrote:

Hi,

nothing in manual

there is a tutorial ?

Olivier,

In Logic, you have to use the Side-Chain function to get audio into Pianoteq. In the top-right corner of any AU-plugin that supports side-chaining, you can select which track (instrument, audio, bus, input, ...) contains, or generates, the audio that you want to bring into Pianoteq.
In Pianoteq itself, you'll find a little plug-in symbol (to the right of the Duplex parameter) which, when clicked, reveals two more parameters to control the incoming signal with.

_

many thanks.

i've tried, but how i mute the pianoteq Sound preset ? i just want the sound of chained other AU, with string resonance ? how to ?

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads...teq-8.html

Mixed reactions, but many found good changes in sound. The haters... they always gonna hate.

It's interesting how far re-voicing can go, in terms of achieve a more natural tone sound, sometimes can be compared, in terms of quality refinement, to a new algorithim for soundboard. For other side some people can get confused, like new buyers, as this may lead them to think the quality will drop a lot if they change settings just a bit, as the main adjust window interface is called Voicing. So I believe it's portant a note to distinguish the voicing upgrades from the Voicing adjust sliders, as the upgrades it's about very distint adjusts, way more sophisticated, present only fod the programing plataform.

I wish Phillppe could shine us with some words about how they brought the voicing to this level of advanced quality.  :-)

Question:

Is that possible to Moddart adjust the classic guitar to sound close to Elvis guitar?

https://countryrebel.com/wp-content/upl...35x413.jpg

Last edited by Beto-Music (16-11-2022 22:08)

Olivier W wrote:

(..) How I mute the Pianoteq preset ? i just want the sound of chained other AU, with string resonance ? How to ?

Well, you simply play the other instrument instead of Pianoteq, but you mute its direct output so that you only hear what enters via the Side Chain into Pianoteq.

It’s very easy: load an instance of Pianoteq 8 and on another track load an instance of the instrument that you want to use for ‘triggering’ the sympathetic resonances in Pianoteq. In Pianoteq, select as Side Chain that second instrument. Mute the output of that second instrument — simply press the Mute button on the instrument’s Channel Strip — to avoid hearing its direct output. If you now play the second instrument, you should hear resonance-like sounds (derived from that instrument) coming out of Pianoteq without hearing whatever preset you have loaded in Pïanoteq.

__

Last edited by Piet De Ridder (16-11-2022 22:12)

I wish they listen my idea of get the reverbs of a shower (stall).
  Just need some quantum trick to fit a concert grand there.

The guitar indicates they are already very skilled to try perhaps a violin.

budo wrote:

today is a good day

I am digging the new graphics, quite the jump forward in terms of clear display and immediate access. Love the fact that the background changes depending on the selected reverb as well as the instrument played. While checking the different models I noticed that the MKII is diplayed as a suitcase model while the MKI as a stage, shouldn't be the other way around (the MKII of reference was a stage while the MKI was a suitcase) if memory still serves me well? Nevertheless I like the new GUI, very pleasing to the eyes.

Last edited by Chopin87 (16-11-2022 22:29)
"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Really nice of them to discount the Stage version as well! Even though it's tempting to get the Standard.

Chopin87 wrote:

I am digging the new graphics, quite the jump forward in terms of clear display and immediate access. Love the fact that the background changes depending on the selected reverb as well as the instrument played. While checking the different models I noticed that the MKII is diplayed as a suitcase model while the MKI as a stage, shouldn't be the other way around (the MKII of reference was a stage while the MKI was a suitcase) if memory still serves me well? Nevertheless I like the new GUI, very pleasing to the eyes.

Both came with and without.

Here's a Mk2 Suitcase:
https://www.fenderrhodes.com/pianos/mark2.html

Here's a Mk1 with & without.
https://www.fenderrhodes.com/pianos/mark1b.html

The Guitar is flipping amazing. I might consider picking it up if they do the Back Friday thing, or the next sale.

stickman393 wrote:

Today I wanted te upgrade from Stage 7.5 to Stage 8. But it said, you already have 8... ?? So now I have gotten Stage 8 for free.. I'm lucky I guess?

Just a quick play...

SD Classic
https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...%20Air.mp3

Guitar
https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...r_Test.mp3

Initial thoughts - love the new styling - not so keen on the mic placement as the top end notes of the piano suddenly jump out at you, especially noticeable on other 'acoustic' models.

Guitar took a bit of time to understand that you have to know when the same string plays the next note you're heading for... Especially when it comes to chord voicing! I don't play the guitar and this will be a learning experience - love the switches for gliss and mute, etc.

Well done Modartt - don't forget the mandolin rail for real honky tonk at a later date, please.

AlbertWeijers wrote:
stickman393 wrote:

Today I wanted te upgrade from Stage 7.5 to Stage 8. But it said, you already have 8... ?? So now I have gotten Stage 8 for free.. I'm lucky I guess?

You recently bought 7 so you get 8 for nowt extra.

Missing quite a few things on the guitar, both in terms of sound as well as playability. For now I'll pass on this pack and follow closely if there will be further improvements.

"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Nice to see mono out with stereo FX option implemented.

Good to see higher MIDI channels now work with sustain pedal too. It used to be only channel 1 & 2 used to work with the global sustain pedal.

Nitpicking:
It might have been nice if the CGI piano models could have lost their lids when the model does in the microphone section.

Key Fumbler wrote:
Zaskar wrote:

Are you saying that somebody updating Studio will get the guitar without having to purchase it separately?

Also, the same-level update is priced at $29 rather than the previous $39 but it does not have the "25%" thing on top? IIRC usually the same-level update is not discounted for Black Friday or other occurrences?

dv wrote:
Key Fumbler wrote:
Zaskar wrote:

Are you saying that somebody updating Studio will get the guitar without having to purchase it separately?

Also, the same-level update is priced at $29 rather than the previous $39 but it does not have the "25%" thing on top? IIRC usually the same-level update is not discounted for Black Friday or other occurrences?

Yes, I got the guitar included with the $29 upgrade. What a deal!

I've already logged my first bug report with Modartt... but this is going to be fun.

Sadly, no Bösendorfer Imperial.

Last edited by navindra (17-11-2022 01:56)

Definitely more "wood" and an overall softer tone with more presence in the low and midrange. Here's a quick demo alternating Pianoteq 7 and 8 every 4 bars for 16 bars, then every bar thereafter (starting with Pianoteq 7); it's essentially the Steinway Jazz Recording preset with some minor tweaks and external FX in Cakewalk:

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...s.%207.mp3

I like it but would EQ differently. A little too 'dark' for this piece. I'm very glad it installs as a different VST so it doesnt automatically replace previous instances.

Love the new UI at first glance - just the kind of modernization I was hoping for.

Very nice new interface.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (17-11-2022 15:36)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Information for people (like me) who purchased Pianoteq from another user:

I was disappointed today to see that I did not receive the upgrade to version 8, even though I bought Pianoteq less than a year ago.  I figured out, however, that I probably wasn't eligible for the upgrade because I purchased Pianoteq from another user, who had purchased it more than a year ago.  So I upgraded for the special price of $29, which really isn't a significant outlay for a major upgrade.

After I installed version 8, I saw that I was also supposed to download the upgraded Studio Edition, which DID include the new Classical Guitar package.  I had upgraded to Studio on my own, directly from Pianoteq, so I guess that meant I was eligible to have a complimentary upgraded Studio even though I had to pay for version 8.

I was very happy about this, and thought I'd share the information.

Zaskar wrote:
Key Fumbler wrote:

Ah,ok! It is listed in the list of changes of version 8.0.0 so i thought it's free. Stupid me.
I think i'll contact Modartt for an offer to get full-blown STUDIO. I own Standard + 18 instruments.

I suspect you will pay next to nothing for the upgrade to Studio, since you'll receive a credit for everything you already paid for your 18 instruments and the base package.  In fact, you may have already paid more than what Pianoteq is currently charging for Studio (25% discount currently in effect).

You'll never regret the upgrade!

I'm confused how the instrument packs work with the PT8 upgrade - it isn't really explained what happens to them.

I have PT7 Standard with 4 instruments (3 came with Standard and I bought one more).

I presume the simple upgrade from Standard v7 to v8 includes all 4 instruments? Or will I need to re-buy my fourth instrument?

If I upgrade to PRO v8, the upgrades page says it comes with one free instrument...
Does that mean I will have to re-buy my other 3 instruments on top of the upgrade?
Or do my current 4 instruments get upgraded, plus I get a fifth free instrument?
Or does PRO only default to 4 instruments, so I'll just get my same 4 instruments?

shackshack wrote:

Does that mean I will have to re-buy my other 3 instruments on top of the upgrade?

I upgraded and kept my Petrof pianos.

Last edited by lowendtheory (17-11-2022 07:14)

shackshack wrote:

I'm confused how the instrument packs work with the PT8 upgrade - it isn't really explained what happens to them.

I have PT7 Standard with 4 instruments (3 came with Standard and I bought one more).

I presume the simple upgrade from Standard v7 to v8 includes all 4 instruments? Or will I need to re-buy my fourth instrument?

If I upgrade to PRO v8, the upgrades page says it comes with one free instrument...
Or do my current 4 instruments get upgraded, plus I get a fifth free instrument?
Or does PRO only default to 4 instruments, so I'll just get my same 4 instruments?

You always get to keep the packs you already bought.
If the upgrade page says you get an extra instrument then you'll get to choose the one you want to add to your collection.

Key Fumbler wrote:

You always get to keep the packs you already bought.
If the upgrade page says you get an extra instrument then you'll get to choose the one you want to add to your collection.

Sounds good, thanks.

Hello,
The selection "favourites only" is not memorized when you leave Pianoteq.
It seems to me that this memorization would be interesting.

Olivier W wrote:

The LV2 / VST3 / AudioUnit

Ah, from the features page it wasn't clear for me there even is LV2 in the new version: https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq#pane_pianoteq_features

The format isn't mentioned anywhere, but you can confirm that it includes LV2?
(would be a total blocker for me to upgrade, if this was missing)

Hi all, is there a way to demo the pro version? the current discount makes it tempting, plus I´d get a new instrument pack (I think) but would like to demo the pro version first.

thanks in advance,
Miguel.

dreamer wrote:
Olivier W wrote:

The LV2 / VST3 / AudioUnit

Ah, from the features page it wasn't clear for me there even is LV2 in the new version: https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq#pane_pianoteq_features

The format isn't mentioned anywhere, but you can confirm that it includes LV2?
(would be a total blocker for me to upgrade, if this was missing)

the linux version includes it, so i assume the others do too.

budo wrote:

the linux version includes it, so i assume the others do too.

I don't run the other OSes, but good to know.
(kind of doubt the LV2 is available for all, even though it's fully cross platform)