Topic: v1.5 Combination Banks Feature Request

While working with the new combination banks, I find that it would be great if the combination banks were available in the action mapping.

Currently, only "Stepper Previous/Next [Ten] Bank" is available. Having a specific bank mapped to a key, would enable direct access to that bank, instead of having to browse with stepper keys.

Thanks again to the development team for the new version !

Re: v1.5 Combination Banks Feature Request

Yes, or add the ability to select a MIDI value/range, e.g. MIDI value of 5 selections combination 5 and MIDI value of 100 selects 100.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

To clarify, here is an example of the trouble I'm having with the combination banks.

In the piece I'm currently working on, there are four musicians, each with its own MIDI keyboard. All are playing into one instance of Organteq stand-alone.

keyboard 1 = Récit
keyboard 2 = Grand Orgue
keyboard 3 = Positif
keyboard 4 = Pedals (this keyboardist also plays the key switches that activate the 10 combination buttons and the previous/next bank buttons)

When writing the music in Finale (with Organteq as plugin), entering the key switch for the previous/next bank button activates it immediately upon writing the note, then reactivating it with each playback pass. I have to leave open the plugin in order to press the previous/next button whenever the correct bank is not selected.

Also, when rehearsing, for example, the Récit part (with Organteq stand-alone), I play it live along the playback of the other parts with Organteq's built-in midi file player. If I'm rehearsing a passage that includes a previous/next bank button key switch, it will increment with each pass. I have to reset it manually each time before playing back that passage.

In this context, having the ability to assign a key to a specific bank would solve the issue.

Last edited by Kreso (05-10-2020 15:24)

Hi Kreso,

We have just added a Jump To Bank MidiMapping in version 1.5.1.

In the following screenshot, the MIDI controler CC0 (which is actually Bank Select) is mapped to Jump To Bank XX: CC0 1 jumps to bank 1, CC0 2 jumps to bank 2, and so on. The ten first Program Change are also mapped to the ten Combination Switch. This MidiMapping should be suitable to work with Finale as you don't use the previous/next steppers but rather a direct acces to any bank and any combination.

Roman

Jump To Bank MidiMapping

I didn't expect this feature request would be implemented so fast.

This is making my current work flow so much easier.

Many thanks Roman !

Roman wrote:

Hi Kreso,

We have just added a Jump To Bank MidiMapping in version 1.5.1.

In the following screenshot, the MIDI controler CC0 (which is actually Bank Select) is mapped to Jump To Bank XX: CC0 1 jumps to bank 1, CC0 2 jumps to bank 2, and so on. The ten first Program Change are also mapped to the ten Combination Switch. This MidiMapping should be suitable to work with Finale as you don't use the previous/next steppers but rather a direct acces to any bank and any combination.

Roman

Jump To Bank MidiMapping

Just as a matter of interest does this functionality still work in the current version of Organteq? There was some comment, earlier this month, that this mapping functionality had vanished with the upward progression to version 1.6, but I'm not sure if that also applies to this work around or not.

The reason I ask is that I have been trying, for the last few days, to implement this in Reaper, via a "BANK/Program Select" in a specific "New Midi Item" track, with scant success. I did think that at one stage that I had managed to see the Combination Banks automatically change value, but then it all fell over and I haven't been able to duplicate it again. Hope triumphing over reality I suppose.

If this functionality does work then I will keep vanishing down dusty rabbit holes until I find the correct combination of settings. However, if it is a fool's errand, then I shall probably continue to get dustier, but for little practical gain. Any words to the wise will be gladly accepted.

Michael

Pianoteq 8 Studio plus all Instrument packs; Organteq 2; Debian; Reaper; Carla