Topic: Hammond Organteq sound - how I change the sound

Hammond Organteq sound - how I change the sound, OrganHammondTeq

I have this piece in Recordings featuring Pianoteq and Organteq, but because this forum is about Organteq and I am telling about changes in Organteq sounds, my explanations, I post it here too.

Read  -  listen  -  enjoy 

I try to get a sound like those old hammond organs, Farfisa, x-66 and like that…

I love to try to find out how to use Organteq sound in other ways than use it as it is.
As many of you know. I have recorded Bach, Grieg, Chopin, Debussy all kinds of classic music, 200 pieces, and Organteq is fantastic as it is.

But I think we use only a small percentage of what we can find out to do, in addition to play with the Modartt products as they are. I try to use my imagination:
Imagination is the key. Imagination is defined by the Dictionary of Psychology as, “the reorganization of data derived from past experiences, with new relations, into present ideational experience”. So I think my imagination is what lead me to get new sounds……

One secret in this my Organhammondteq music is to do as the sound engineer Mikael B Tretov did, when mixing the ”ABBA sound” for the Swedish group. Part of his method was to delay and mix together Agnetha's and Anni-Frid's song a bit to create a fuller sound, and, if I remember right,  to tune their song a bit ”skew”.

First - I have the playing on both tr 1and tr 2 in my DAW, but move second track a bit away(delay it) to get a fuller ”analog” sound when playing them together.
Secondly -  the pitch, track 1) 440Hz,  track 2) 432Hz (In this case, these 3 pieces)
Third - The tremulants adjusted in a special way
Fourth - not exactly the same registration on both tracks
And then, some small other things….. 
I’m experimenting with these things and was surprised how much can be done…I’m not ready with this - more to come   
I hope the next "hammond" song is even closer to the retro hammond organs.
One year and eight months with Organteq and still I’m finding new ways to use it! Thank you, Roman!

In second section here I try to get a trumpet/cornet sound like some hammond organs had, and like Omar Garcia have on yt, Medley 1, Hammond x66 in a short part ( I think I got a fuller sound    Recorded with headphones so if you have access to headp. it sounds so much better. All 3 small parts are my own compositions.

Best,

Stig

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...eq%203.mp3

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (09-07-2021 22:19)