Topic: Pianoteq Una Corda / Soft Pedal Opinions

Hello,

Long time Pianoteq user here, enjoying this great software from the earlier releases. I think Pianoteq is coming close to perfection, however I feel the part that needs quite a lot of improvement is the Soft Pedal.

In my opinion the Soft Pedal is the weakest part of the software (maybe followed by the reverb, which I always bypassed, just like the Eq and Comp).

I don't say that it sounds bad, it sounds good but I think there is much room for improvement compared to the quality of the other elements that compound the final sound.

I miss the airy, dreamy, sponge-like sound of the Una Corda pedal of a real acoustic piano. I also would like it to be continues, not just a simple switch, and also to make a bit of gradient noise depending of the strength of the pressure. The resonance when the pedal is pressed does not sound truly realistic to me either, and the volume is too loud compared to the real thing in my opinion.

This should not sound like a complain about the software, which I love, it is just to put up some opinions with the intention to make it even better.

Best wishes