Topic: 1.5.0

With such a significant update, we should, I think, have thread for sharing experiences with and thoughts upon it.

I would like to begin with a big THANK YOU to the development team, for this effort. I am, in particular, pleased that "my" organ now has a modelled tremulant. Well, four, actually, since each keyboard division has its own tremulant, with individual settings. Now my Voix Celeste can "float" even better.

It took me a little while to find the "mini-demo within [the] presets" in the preset management windows (where they should be, I was just a bit thick), and while some of them completely obliterates my modest laptop CPU, it's certainly a nice way to audition presets (and reminds me I should maybe get some more horsepower)

Posted from my organ...

Re: 1.5.0

1.5 is really an impressive upgrade. Many thanks to Roman and the team. I uploaded two small pieces in shared files and my thread in recordings. One thing I noticed after a while was that, depending on the music style, it is good to be careful with the vibrato and not use too much. An other thing was that sometimes one can have a bit differens in the amplitude/rate for each division, to change the effect…. But, I continue to experiment and I’ll be back
Now working on G.F. Handel He Shall Feed His Flock (from "The Messiah", HWV 56). After 68 pieces, for the moment, with Organteq, I like it more and more. Can't stop playing it....

Regards,
Stig

Anyone can advice? I just cannot load Organteq in Logic Pro after updating to 1.5.0.

validating Audio Unit Organteq 1 by Modartt:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.7.0
    Copyright 2003-2019, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'Ot1q' - 'Mdrt'
Manufacturer String: Modartt
AudioUnit Name: Organteq 1
Component Version: 1.0.5 (0x10005)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -1,0xFFFFFFFF

validation result: couldn’t be opened

ericwongmusic wrote:

Anyone can advice? I just cannot load Organteq in Logic Pro after updating to 1.5.0.

Same problem here. Standalone seems to work okay but I get exactly the same error message from Logic.

Logic Pro 10.5.1 on MacOS 10.14

I had to reinstall Organteq 1.05

https://youtu.be/fARunFwGUGY

Just put together a quick demo video that might help people navigate the tremulant settings and new stop combination system.  I forgot to mention in the video that the slower trem settings below 3hz and even more so below 1hz are pretty good at creating a realistic sagging windchest simulation.

The standalone hasn't had any problems for me.  I don't have logic or a mac, but I'll take some time to test in Cubase as a VSTi when I have time later and see if it puts out a similar error when hosted there.

Perhaps the crash is tied to the new 8-channel output feature causing some sort of I/O or port mismatch in the host.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

On Win10, installing OT 1.5 over 1.05 leaves me with both versions of the (64-bit) VST2 plug, labelled 'Organteq 1 (64-bit).dll' and 'Organteq 1.dll', which are versions 1.05 and 1.5 respectively.

In Reaper I get two options to load OT VST2: 'VSTi Organteq 1' and 'VSTi Organteq 1 (8 out)' - which are versions 1.05 and 1.5 respectively.

Both seem to work fine, although I haven't tested the new one extensively, and I have always had strange intermittent issues with OT settings not being remembered correctly in Reaper projects. Never been able to work out if this is Reaper or OT, or even both of them working together to befuddle me.

H.

Hil wrote:

On Win10, installing OT 1.5 over 1.05 leaves me with both versions of the (64-bit) VST2 plug, labelled 'Organteq 1 (64-bit).dll' and 'Organteq 1.dll', which are versions 1.05 and 1.5 respectively.

In Reaper I get two options to load OT VST2: 'VSTi Organteq 1' and 'VSTi Organteq 1 (8 out)' - which are versions 1.05 and 1.5 respectively.

Hi Hil,

Thanks for reporting. We did rename the dll file. I have updated the Windows installer. Please download it again. You will be asked if you want to unsintall old versions of Organteq: click yes!

Roman

I don't know If I or somebody else already posted this suggestion or not, in any case it would be extremely helpful imho to have the possibility of using keyboard shortcuts to control stops and combinations instead of having a 100 midi buttons.

"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

ericwongmusic wrote:

Hi ericwongmusic,

Thanks for reporting. I have updated the macOS installer. Please download it again. Logic AU validation should go smoothly now. Otherwise let me know.

Roman

Nice work on the tremulant! Very realistic I think. I don't know if this work augmented the cpu demands for all cases, but for the embedded demos of the Church organs I had to reduce the polyphony from 160 to 128 to not get red overload lines on my 2013 Mac Pro. An older quite demanding MIDI file that I made with the previous version still plays correctly at 160.

As for the first Crescendo demos they are unplayable on my 3.7 GHz Xeon since, even at minimum polyphony 32, I hit a red wall on the perf meter and have to use the panic button to stop the looping. First time that happened to me. Something must be wrong with these demos I think, since they don't seem to obey the restrictions.

EDIT: I installed it on my weaker 2019 MacBook Air running Mojave, and those Crescendo demos now don't block at polyphony 32: they make a couple of red lines but then go on with the reduced polyphony without blocking. My Mac Pro is still under 10.9.5 and I have no intention of upgrading... On the MacBook Air, Organteq loads correctly in GarageBand but there is an error message from GarageBand on the Mac Pro even with the latest installer. That's ok since I use only the standalone but I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by Gilles (30-09-2020 19:09)

Disappointed to find no improvement in microtuning. Purchase will still have to wait.

Small display mistake in the manual section 6.8 page 24: The column titles overlap the content.

There are some improvements. One of them (or even to) were suggested in this forum.
Tremulant and more larger setzer I'm talking about.

For me Organteq still doesn't sound like pipe organ.
I have listen many many sampled organ... Grand Orgue, Haupterk and others, you name it.

For example Principal 8'. It doesn't sound like pricipal at all!

I have in my church real pipe organ (about 40 voices).It doesn't match. It's so missed to these from organteq.

I have so hopes that version like 6.x will change that, baby steps for now...

Last edited by dewal (30-09-2020 21:08)

Roman wrote:
Hil wrote:

Hi Hil,

Thanks for reporting. We did rename the dll file. I have updated the Windows installer. Please download it again. You will be asked if you want to unsintall old versions of Organteq: click yes!

Roman

Worked perfectly for me with the new installer.  Organteq now loaded without any problems into Cubase 10.

Thank you!

Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

tmyoung wrote:

Just put together a quick demo video that might help people navigate the tremulant settings and new stop combination system.

Thanks so much for this video.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Many thanks to the development team, especially for the combination banks !
And also for the tremulant and 8 channels output.

Stephen_Doonan wrote:
tmyoung wrote:

Just put together a quick demo video that might help people navigate the tremulant settings and new stop combination system.

Thanks so much for this video.

You're welcome!

Casio GP300