Topic: Midi input from Jack on linux

I've encountered a bug/feature in the midi input to Pianoteq on linux. For some time Pianoteq has been complaining about getting 2 identical midi inputs which I verified by looking at the Pianoteq midi panel.  I thought this perhaps was due to some mis-configuration of my midi keyboard (Casio PX5S), but since Pianoteq did not seem to have any problems I ignored the error.  However, I finally figured out the cause of the duplicate midi signals was because I had accidentally been sending the midi input to Pianoteq in 2 ways.  For a long time I have used a script to start Pianoteq which automatically connects my keyboard (via my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 interface) to Pianoteq using the "jack_connect" command.  Jack is an audio server on linux what allows interconnection of audio hardware and software within the computer.  However, I just noticed the Pianoteq "Devices" panel has a list of midi input devices in which the midi input from the Komplete Audio 6 was selected (which presumably I did at some point).  So the duplicate midi signals were due to the "external" jack connection and the "internal" from within Pianoteq. So the solution was simple, just unselect the internal midi connection in Pianoteq (could have equally removed the explicit Jack connection).  Curiously the Pianoteq internal connection does not show up in QJackCtl (which has a graphical display of Jack connections).  If it had I would have noticed the duplicate connection more quickly.