Topic: My suggestion

I've just purchased organteq, and this is my suggestion :

1. Polyphony system shoud be modified.Organteq really requires a high graded CPU..

2. More expression pedals are needed. It just presents 1 expression pedal.

3. More combination memory is needed. At least 100+ combination...

4. MIDI out function is needed.
   Users would need indication of ON/OFF stop, volume amount, status of transposer ...

5. Set piston is needed by traditional way

6. Tremulant stop ?

7. audio seperation? like flute / principal / reed

8. Chimes stop?

Anyway this program is very stable. I didn't experienced program halting for hours.

You don't need an audio interface device, and you can play this program without latency.

I'm going to write more suggestions when I get ideas in future..

Last edited by John Kang (29-01-2020 04:03)

Re: My suggestion

John Kang wrote:

4. MIDI out function is needed.
   Users would need indication of ON/OFF stop, volume amount, status of transposer ...
5. Set piston is needed by traditional way

(4.) - One may observe and monitor the MIDI messages received by Organteq in the "Action mapping" tab of the MIDI Mappings window.

(5.) - If I'm not mistaken, an organ keyboard "Set" piston simply saves the current state of the stops to another piston, in order to recall and actuate that combination of stops with one button/piston press. In Organteq, right-clicking a combination-button (virtual piston) and selecting "Snapshot" does the same thing: it saves the current state of the stops to that combination button; then one could right-click the combination button in Organteq, click the MIDI drop-down menu --> Assign MIDI Event, and then push a piston (or some other button) on one's physical MIDI-enabled organ keyboard, to cause that piston to engage or actuate that particular stop-combination in Organteq. One can also insert a new or custom MIDI mapping in the MIDI Mappings window, Action mapping tab, to cause a particular MIDI event (such as a MIDI program change transmitted when pushing a physical piston) to trigger a particular Organteq action (such as activating a particular combination).

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (29-01-2020 20:04)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Re: My suggestion

1. Organteq calculates over a 1000 pipes in realtime. Yes, you need a very good CPU. I can't see how CPU usage would be reduced without impacting sound or modeling quality. Live with it

2. Agreed!

3. Agreed!

6. Agreed!

Hard work and guts!