Topic: Organteq and velocity sensitive (or not) MIDI keyboards

Although I'm sure that Organteq will work fine with a MIDI keyboard that sends a fixed velocity for every key press, I'm wondering if a velocity-sensitive keyboard and variation in velocity are needed for some of the more subtle, occasional or infrequent pipe and air sounds sometimes produced by Organteq such as squeaks and the initial chuffing of pipes responding to air blasts.

Would Organteq produce the same realistic occasional noises and sounds if a non-velocity-sensitive (fixed velocity) MIDI keyboard is used?

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (29-01-2020 14:19)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Re: Organteq and velocity sensitive (or not) MIDI keyboards

You try this by filtering MIDI data in a DAW to 127 velocity for all notes.  Cubase and most others have that built in automatically, both in realtime for MIDI through and recorded data.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

Re: Organteq and velocity sensitive (or not) MIDI keyboards

My Yamaha keyboard can bet set to fixed velocity and I hear no difference. The occasional squeaking sounds from modelled air pressure seem to be really random. I just listened to one recording I made until the first squeak occurred, then I played the same MIDI file live on Organteq and there was no squeak at the same exact moment.