Topic: Delay sync to MIDI Clock (on Linux)

Hi there,

I use Pianoteq 6.6 on kxStudio 18.04 and I really enjoy it. The MK I electric piano... I'm in love.  Since I also do experimental and "space" music, I love delays quite a bit. And Pianoteq has one, good.

However, the Sync switch... to what does it sync on Linux? Does it sync to the Jack tempo? I use Jack for a number of reasons. However, in my live setup, I use an external MIDI Clock source. Is there any way that delay can sync to MIDI Clock? I tried to make PianoTeq listen to the MIDI Interface that has the external clock attached. PianoTeq's MIDI event logger does not say anything about clock.

Kmidimon, another Linux MIDI event logger, says it's getting plenty of clock from that input.

Is it possible at all to use MIDI Clock in my setup? Or do I find a means to make Jack Transport / Host tempo adjust to MIDI Clock? (Which would, perhaps, be a benefit since plugins such as Calf Vintage Delay apparently can only sync to this.)

Thanks for your advice.

Best
Schwob

P.S.: I just became a regular PianoTeq user recently and it opened a new world for me. I also love the Bechstein very muc (which I always wanted to buy in real, but never could afford the house around it).