Topic: Rendering external MIDI files

(This is a question for Roman, maybe…)

Of course the Organteq GUI and parameters are optimized for real-time playing and recording (as it should be) but I’m missing a way to record a chosen registration to render a file not produced by Organteq and that has no such data.

In the same way I enjoy playing back piano performances like those from the Minesotta competition on Pianoteq by simply using the MIDI player, I would like to play back the ample selection of MIDI organ files available on line. Those are usually sequenced but the organ is not as fussy as the piano and sequenced organ music can sound very believable with Organteq.

I have looked with a MIDI editor at the content of the sysex data on track 6, but even if I can guess the meaning, it is clearly not made for use in a editor, rather reserved for internal use and maybe subject to future changes.

After re-reading the manual, the only way I can think of to render my registration of an external file is to play it, select and store along the way various combinations and semi-manually step them (at the right moment…) as I relisten to the file. Not very easy to do and impossible to share the result (except by recording outside of Organteq).

I would like to have a way to save this registration for future listening, ideally by automatically creating the missing 6th track that I can add to the original file with a MIDI editor.

I’m open to suggestions, maybe there is something I overlooked

Re: Rendering external MIDI files

As an example, here is one of my favorite Bach organ piece, BWV768 sometimes dubbed the Goldberg Variations for organ. I rendered the last two variations, the last one being a a full organ harmonization of the chorale subject. I had to reduce the file to 192 kbps to make it fit inside 10 MB and so there is some reduction in details as compared to what I hear inside Organteq. What a really marvelous instrument!!!

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...92kbps.mp3

(Since this is recorded outside Organteq, there is a 2 seconds delay before the beginning)

Gilles wrote:

After re-reading the manual, the only way I can think of to render my registration of an external file is to play it, select and store along the way various combinations and semi-manually step them (at the right moment…) as I relisten to the file. Not very easy to do and impossible to share the result (except by recording outside of Organteq).

Rendering external MIDI files with organ registration is an intricate issue. We did not reach a stable state for now. The easiest way to render external MIDI files with registration is to use a specific Organteq MIDI mapping, and edit the MIDI file by adding a track dedicated to the registration with corresponding MIDI mapped events. It could also be done through any DAW.

Roman wrote:
Gilles wrote:

Rendering external MIDI files with organ registration is an intricate issue. We did not reach a stable state for now. The easiest way to render external MIDI files with registration is to use a specific Organteq MIDI mapping, and edit the MIDI file by adding a track dedicated to the registration with corresponding MIDI mapped events. It could also be done through any DAW.

Ah yes thanks! That's a good solution. CC codes are easy to add to a MIDI file and since Combinations and couplers can be mapped to a CC I can predefine many registrations for rendering automatically an external file.