Topic: Upgrading instrument packs

I bought Pianoteq 5 over a year ago, and I bought D4 grand piano, Model B grand piano, K2 grand piano, and Grotrian Concert Royal packs. Do these piano packs get upgraded once I purchase the Pianoteq 6 upgrade?

Re: Upgrading instrument packs

To my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, the "Instruments" are not something external, they are built in in every instance of Pianoteq software, the only thing is whether they are activated or being in a demo mode. So yes, you'll have them all upgraded.

In addition to all of the new and improved features, Pianoteq 6 includes all of the instruments in their upgraded, updated form. The instruments you have purchased will be converted to their normal (non-demo) mode when you activate Pianoteq 6 with your license. The D4 (now Steinway Model D), Model B (now Steinway Model B), K2 and Grotrian (Grotrian Concert Royal), and all the other pianos, all sound great in Pianoteq 6.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (09-09-2017 03:58)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Thanks for the information. I am glad that the instrument packs will be upgraded to the new ones once I get the new Pianoteq 6.

What happens with the legacy instruments, like the clavichord and the historical pianos? Are they changed, or does PTQ 6 just carry them over as they were? (Sorry if this is an ignorant question; I'm a little unclear on what is involved in "upgrading" existing instrument packs).

Amateur Standalone PTQ user; interests classical music, especially Bach and Mozart, and historic keyboards

ALL models were updated.

Hard work and guts!

Not the real legacy pack, since they was left times ago as was too old and dated. The C1,C2, M2, the first "rock Bechstein"

EvilDragon wrote:

ALL models were updated.

I'm confused, which happens fairly often. I had PT 5 Stage with D and K2 and downloaded every freebie in sight then upgraded to PT 6 Standard. Do the Historical, Predecessor, CP-80, C3, Erard, Pleyel, M3, etc... work better with PT6? Do I need to update / re-download them? Have they been abandoned?

On a related note if one were to buy a new PT piano instrument which one would be a good choice with the understanding that I'm not really a Yamaha guy?

in my opinion the best thing to do is to spend some time with the trial versions of the instruments.  then you'll know what to get.  i think it's such a personal decision that that's the only way to go.

Last edited by budo (16-09-2017 17:06)

Similar problem: Is it useful to upgrade from Stage 5 or 6 to Standard 6.0 to discover other instruments variants ?

After installation of the standard version 6 trial on a second PC to test loading .fxp files (files only partially loaded with version 6 stage) and after comparison,
the answer is in my opinion YES, even with .fxp configuration files in version 5, if you want to benefit from clear improvements with the variants proposed in .fxp files. (tested for example with the .fxp user file bosendorfer imperial on the fxp corner pianoteq website). However, you need a good headphone to fully enjoy the difference.

My experience is that everything, including some older instruments, carried forward without a hitch. And of course what instrument packs to buy is very much a matter of taste, but I love both the Bluthner and Grotrian packages, both of which have a natural, beautiful piano sound, to my ears. Either one would be a risk-free choice. If you buy all the modern pianos, it is almost an embarrassment of riches, and you probably don't really need all of them, but actually, for the price, they're a great value, so it's tempting to just order all of them over time.

bigcat1969 wrote:

I'm confused, which happens fairly often. I had PT 5 Stage with D and K2 and downloaded every freebie in sight then upgraded to PT 6 Standard. Do the Historical, Predecessor, CP-80, C3, Erard, Pleyel, M3, etc... work better with PT6? Do I need to update / re-download them? Have they been abandoned?

On a related note if one were to buy a new PT piano instrument which one would be a good choice with the understanding that I'm not really a Yamaha guy?

Amateur Standalone PTQ user; interests classical music, especially Bach and Mozart, and historic keyboards